Moving to Indiana from California, Pay tax again on my truck?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    He's wrong, you can do it unsafely too

Technically I'll be in Monroe County, outside the bloomington city border. I called and asked the sheriff's office if I can shoot on my own property and she said "sure, if you do it safely". I'm not sure if that's really true, but I'm going to ask in person when I get there, and see how my sparse neighbors feel about it.

Blockfort

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Bloomington
    I suppose soon I'll have to start a thread on which carry gun to buy. Purchase options are very limited here, and of course we're not allowed to carry anyway.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Online septic license test is $250. Tanks can be delivered for about $1000. 1 week backhoe rental + training is about $850. The rest is just some simple plumbing. I'm doing the whole house myself including septic.

you better rent a transit/laser too to make sure you have you fall right......

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    Welcome to INGO. You are with good people here. We will all be happy to give you any advice you ask of us. I absolutely love this site. I have learned so much over the years. Not just firearms related. -Jason

Blockfort

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Bloomington
    Welcome to INGO. You are with good people here. We will all be happy to give you any advice you ask of us. I absolutely love this site. I have learned so much over the years. Not just firearms related. -Jason

It's bee like that for me with Calguns (where I've racked up several thousand posts over the years). I asked them about the truck too. For some reason I trust them more than I would going to a truck forum.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I suppose soon I'll have to start a thread on which carry gun to buy. Purchase options are very limited here, and of course we're not allowed to carry anyway.
    Ha. Yes, everyone will have an opinion. But I think you mean "which two" guns to carry. Gotta have a backup ;)

My friend in southern Calif says they "may issue" permits, but apparently you have to be an extra special snowflake to get one.
    I think the permit rate in Indiana is about 13% but not all of those people carry.
    In the little teeny town I live near, I think the carry rate is close to 90%.

Blockfort

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Bloomington
    Ha. Yes, everyone will have an opinion. But I think you mean "which two" guns to carry. Gotta have a backup ;)

My friend in southern Calif says they "may issue" permits, but apparently you have to be an extra special snowflake to get one.
    I think the permit rate in Indiana is about 13% but not all of those people carry.

In all of Los Angeles county, there are 173 civilian CCW's I believe half are Judges.

Blockfort

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Bloomington

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Mutual Support Group (region) 3

Way back in the day, someone came up with the idea for these groups based on location in Indiana.

No gang signs, (maybe we need one though).

Usually 6-10 of us will meet up at a local restaurant, eat, talk about current events, training plans, gardening, guns and gear, and offer help and or advice on any issues that are brought up for discussion.

In times past we have had hands on training on lock picking, how to suture and the proper way to tie them off, map reading and land navigation, and using a walking stick/cane as a defensive tool.

Blockfort

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Bloomington

Way back in the day, someone came up with the idea for these groups based on location in Indiana.

Usually 6-10 of us will meet up at a local restaurant, eat, talk about current events, training plans, gardening, guns and gear, and offer help and or advice on any issues that are brought up for discussion.

In times past we have had hands on training on lock picking, how to suture and the proper way to tie them off, map reading and land navigation, and using a walking stick/cane as a defensive tool.

Sounds good, I think something like this could be very helpful for me.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

I think we've moved into #1 in the country for adult population percentage with handgun license. I don't know what percent carry regularly, but Indiana is a heavily armed state. Growing up in Washington County I don't think I met anyone who didn't own a gun until I went in the USAF.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Too bad Rhino doesn't live closer to you. Sounds like that would be right up his alley! :):

Top Bottom