• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I actually support funding planned parenthood. Abortions and birth control to all, helps keep the population down. We all know "not having sex if you can't afford birth control" just isn't going to happen. After all, if you can't afford a TV, what else is there to do?

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    I actually support funding planned parenthood. Abortions and birth control to all, helps keep the population down. We all know "not having sex if you can't afford birth control" just isn't going to happen. After all, if you can't afford a TV, what else is there to do?

According to census reports, almost every poor household has a color television with satellite or cable. Not subsidizing their children would be the more effective route of reducing the number of children born.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Where were the riots? Most of my family live there and no one heard of the riots.

Apparently peaceful protesting is rioting. Can we use the terms interchangeably now? It would certainly help write news stories. "Armed group begins rioting in opposition of potential assault weapon ban"

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

Then feel free to write them a check.

Public funding of any such organization (whether Planned Parenthood or "Nuns for Abstinence") is inherently criminal.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Apparently peaceful protesting is rioting. Can we use the terms interchangeably now? It would certainly help write news stories. "Armed group begins rioting in opposition of potential assault weapon ban"

It is used interchangeably based on political spin.

When the Bulls win, we "peacefully protest" In Chicago :D

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Seems like people miss out on lots of the good Planned Parenthood does. They provide an important service to young women. Everyone, especially the conservatives largely in present company on this site, are unhappy about the tax-funded abortions. I get that, and although I share a different view on it, I can see not wanting public funds supporting that. They should make that a separate part and keep documentation to show that no abortions were performed using any tax-funded money.

A friend used to go there to get her yearly check-ups, birth control, and various female-doctor oriented things when her parents were too religious to believe that such check-ups were required. If planned parenthood wasn't around there would be lots more early pregnancies, misinformation, and less healthy young women. I realize it seems like a liberal tact but planned parenthood is a good thing and should be funded. For many women, including my wife, it is the sole source of female-related medical care. At this point in our lives we can afford to pay for it, but when we couldn't it was dirt cheap / free.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    ... They should make that a separate part and keep documentation to show that no abortions were performed using any tax-funded money. ...

It would become a shell game at that point. Tax money would still be used to fund abortions (indirectly). I'm not even addressing the fact that there is NO Constitutional authority to fund Planned Parenthood for any reason in the first place.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Tax money would still be used to fund abortions (indirectly).

Did a crystal ball tell you that? A system could be dreamed up to keep it separate...people could get creative.

I'm not even addressing the fact that there is NO Constitutional authority to fund Planned Parenthood for any reason in the first place.

Can't disagree with you there. But that's certainly not stopped the government funding of a million other agencies, programs, people's checkbooks, etc. If we're cutting spending on all that other crap then by all means throw PP in with it. But until then it's a place that serves a purpose.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    ... people could get creative. ...

You got that part right. I would even say that they (Planned Parenthood) would get creative.

No crystal ball needed. It only takes a basic understanding of human nature to realize that PP would find a way. Just underfund the stuff that is allowed to be taxpayer supported and shift those organizational funds to support abortions. Make up the difference in the underfunded programs with taxpayer funds. Presto! You now have de facto taxpayer support of abortion. The only way to be sure is to have zero taxpayer funding of PP.

... But that's certainly not stopped the government funding of a million other agencies, programs, people's checkbooks, etc. If we're cutting spending on all that other crap then by all means throw PP in with it. But until then it's a place that serves a purpose.

Serving a purpose does not equate with being Constitutionally legitimate. You have to start cutting somewhere and PP shouldn't get a pass.

Top Bottom