• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    Hey peeps so im still trying to get this station all set up and the measure that was with this press when it was given to me was not the original one that came with it. Trying to mount it on the lee pro 1000.

what ive come up with is moving the other dies further down and limiting the upward movement of the carrier. Everything still seems to work correctly. Any thoughts on if this is ok?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Here's what I would do- buy a dillon powder die and their adapter to mount a power measure like yours or the RCBS powder measure. That way your dies stay set up correctly.
    Go to the Dillon Precision page and check them out

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    Here's what I would do- buy a dillon powder die and their adapter to mount a power measure like yours or the RCBS powder measure. That way your dies stay set up correctly.
    Go to the Dillon Precision page and check them out

so this is what you are talking about correct?

Attachments

• B440A47A-3F92-4106-A804-504D36D7F7A2.jpg
      B440A47A-3F92-4106-A804-504D36D7F7A2.jpg
      29.5 KB · Views: 14

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Yes, from what I can tell on my phone.
    The only thing I can think I'd do differently is get a 550 /650 powder die. The only difference between the 450 and 550 die is the little hole on the side. The 550 doesn't have it, don't know if it will make any difference though

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    You've sort of got 2 threads going. For loading 223, I used the perfect powder measure mounted on the bench. I weighed every drop and trickled powder to get the exact charge. I used the "standard" lee disk powder measure for loading pistol powders. I've got an extra disk powder measure that will mount right up onto the lee pistol dies and let you run wild. Yes this is the type that stuck for me, but you can get an update kit for $20 from Midway that converts them to the positive pull back. I'll try to PM you w/ contact info since you can't yet PM in response.

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    You've sort of got 2 threads going. For loading 223, I used the perfect powder measure mounted on the bench. I weighed every drop and trickled powder to get the exact charge. I used the "standard" lee disk powder measure for loading pistol powders. I've got an extra disk powder measure that will mount right up onto the lee pistol dies and let you run wild. Yes this is the type that stuck for me, but you can get an update kit for $20 from Midway that converts them to the positive pull back. I'll try to PM you w/ contact info since you can't yet PM in response.

yeah figured since it was an issue i would start a new thread. Wasnt 100% sure on the proper course of action there.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    wait, what?
    Do you have a PPM (This: https://leeprecision.com/perfect-powder-measure.html) or an auto drum (this: https://leeprecision.com/perfect-powder-measure.html)

last I checked, the perfect powder measure wasn't press-mounted. I mean you can do anything if you try hard enough but that's kinda square-peg-round-hole isn't it?

I would not lower the dies, the lee dies are set up by "lower it until it hits the carrier then raise/lower it X turns then fine tune" If you aren't maxing out the travel mechanically, how are you getting a consistent stop at the end of the travel?

If I'm way off in my reasoning, ignore. I've used their single stage and progressive but not the pro1000.

Top Bottom