• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Besides Crystalshio and myself, who else here rides? I've seen evidence of a number of import tuners, but any other motorcycle riders out there? It might be fun to organize a few INGO rides.

Me?

VF750C Magna - fun, comfortable, a little bit loud, and more than fast enough. She is a "muscle cruiser." Won't hold a candle to a real sport bike bit, with a V4 Interceptor motor wedged into her chrome frame, she is fun to ride.

Anyone?

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Every once and a while I will take a short ride on my fathers Goldwing.

If I have a desperate need for speed I can call few friends that have bikes, this happens about once every couple of years.

But I don't own a bike anymore.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Ri - Take an ABATE class and jump right in! You'll love it. It's been the only thing that gave me the same feel as intense whitewater kayaking when I lived in the southeast.

It can be safe and fun.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I've got a Softail Deuce (purple) that sits in the garage most of the time because of my job and family. I used to ride a lot, but I don't have the time anymore.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Ri - Take an ABATE class and jump right in! You'll love it. It's been the only thing that gave me the same feel as intense whitewater kayaking when I lived in the southeast.

It can be safe and fun.

:+1: The ABATE course is an AWESOME way to get into riding!! Even "veteran" riders can benefit from the course. :thumbsup:
    :cheers:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway

It can be safe and fun.
    I had planned on it, but the earliest classes are in September.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    If you're serious, show up at one of the instruction sites on a Friday evening. They OFTEN have students not arrive and they start pulling from the folks that are "walk ons."

That's what I did back when I took the class and I saved a couple of months of waiting.

BennyBlown2v

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Me me me!

I've had a 94 Katana 750 (Streetfighter, naked), rode that 3k miles the first month, then 1500 miles every month for three months... Moved up to a 2001 Suzuki GSXR 600, rode that for 6-7k miles in five months... Sold that and a month later bought my current ride - 2002 Yamaha R1.

I'm turning the bike into a drag bike as I'm sort of disenchanted with driving fast on the street, and I can't have the skill for a 1000cc bike on a roadcourse quite yet. So on that note I'm gonna be buying a smaller "learners" bike to beat the **** out of, ride daily to school, and all that fun stuff :) Right now I'm looking at Buell Blasts, SV650's, and other dogs haha :D

Here are pics of my bikes:

100_0079.jpg

100_0081.jpg

^^I painted the seat and wheels black, and replaced the mirrors. I also got full fairings and painted them myself (like 8hrs of prep per panel lol...) then sold the bike for a profit and moved on LOL.

DSC00180.JPG

gixxer%20011.jpg

DSC00179.JPG

^^This bike was SUPER clean...bought it for $3800 with helmet, front AND rear stands, and a buncha spare parts :D

slammed.JPG

slammed%20%282%29.JPG

IMG_1023sm.jpg

^^Oh and the obligatory "whoops!" photo LOL

Oh and all of these bikes have been within the last 14 months.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Loved to ride my 100HP 6 carb flat 6 but with now living on 3 + miles of gravel haven't even considered it. High Gas prices are now the deciding factor. Riding down to NOLA was always a favorite trip and was planning a loop around the US before I got too old. Still dreaming of making that trip ;)

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Geez... I LOVE the Valkyrie! The look and performance of the Valkyrie is just awesome! I've been telling my wife a used Valkyrie will be my next bike.

I hated to see both the Magna and Valkyrie discontinued.

If you haven't seen this article, I think you'll like it. They're pretty favorable in their opinion of both the valkyrie and the magna.

R1200CE, Dyna Super Glide Sport, VF750C Magna, Valkyrie, Jackal, Thunderbird Sport & V92SC - Super Cruisers Comparison - Motorcycle Cruiser

Last year of each:
    Valkyrie
    BG03-H02-Valk-lg.jpg

Magna
    BG03-H09-Magna-lg.jpg

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    02 Harley 883Custom Sportster
    West Coast Choppers pipes

One day, I'll have an Ultra Classic

new-battery-cover-003.jpg

summer-07-017.jpg

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Speaking of Valks....... I thought the Rune was pretty cool!!!! :thumbsup:

The Rune was cool for a hot rod around town MC but just didn't catch on as a road bike. Nothing better than a Valk and a big disappointment when Honda was sold on the V Twin and dropped the Valk. Too much competition for $$'s with the Goldwing crowd vs the Valkyrie. The Honda engineer who designed the Valkyrie was killed and when he died the Valk died with him. What I liked about the Valk was that you could cruise all day at 80 mph w/o hesitation and as nimble as a 750. Many road trips to NOLA or to Galveston

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom