• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I do have a chicken strip but most of my riding on these tires has been commuting back and forth to work on pretty straight roads where the only real curves are the on/off ramps. The Grant St. on and off to the I90 till road is the only real significant one and it's fun. I've felt my knee touch the pavement on that offramp a couple times.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Chicken Strip... LOL.
    I was scrubing in a new set of Michelins last fall on a old fxs and jumped off I69 at gas city and the back lost traction and was coming around.
    I hit the throttle and drifted unintentionally on the off ramp.
    A man in a truck pulled up at the light and yelled, coolest thing ive ever seen old man.
    Did I say it was unintentional.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    What kind of mileage do you folks get on your various bikes?

I have always thought that when I grew into it, that I wanted the liter version of my Kawasaki Versys. I'm a bit dismayed that watching a few reviews that bike is only speced at 35MPG. :xmad: Hell, my little car gets darn near that! :n00b:

My car gets 39 mpg. Bike averages 35, but it’s roughly the same size as my car… and carbureted.

B5D908C8-147E-4B6F-B09E-06C0D753C5E0.jpeg

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    What kind of mileage do you folks get on your various bikes?

I have always thought that when I grew into it, that I wanted the liter version of my Kawasaki Versys. I'm a bit dismayed that watching a few reviews that bike is only speced at 35MPG. :xmad: Hell, my little car gets darn near that! :n00b:
    My 2021 Africa Twin Adventure Sport ES DCT (1,088cc parallel twin) gets 45-50 mpg.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    He wears that on a bike? His red nose would fly off. Then he would catch it and turn it into dove. The dove would turn into a deck of cards and then the party gets out of hand. Penn and Teller ride up beside him on a 3 wheeled scooter with a gaggle of Chihuahuas in ballerinas tutus to offer a gig in Vegas...and that your honor is how my client hit the Powerball!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It's actually funny you posted that because I would bet that dude's name is Bob. The IQ spectrum of Bobs isn't complete. It's either average or above or complete potato, with nothing in between.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Anybody making any plans to get out of Flatistan - roundabout hell - this year?

I've got two firmed up so far:

Late July/early August, riding out through WY & SD (Badlands/Black Hills/Yellowstone) to Sun Valley, Idaho for a wedding. A buddy from the wedding and I will spend the next week riding around Montana & Idaho with Beartooth Highway and Hells Canyon as high points but otherwise, just wandering. Will probably be hot as balls in the Plains but will camp other than that. I will miss Mid-Ohio Vintage Motorcycle this year as the MT/ID trip immediately follow.

First week of October about a dozen of us meet in Maggie Valley for a long weekend of riding every year. Usually a group of three or four split off after the weekend and spend the next week riding around Western NC, East TN and North GA. Last year we finished up the trip at Barber Vintage Fest but every year is different.

There will be at least one more trip back home to Knoxville to hang with friends over a long weekend. I may try to get a few days to circle the shore of Lake Ontario, as I've already done shoreline circles of Lakes Superior, Michigan, Huron and Erie.

Whatcha got on tap?

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    " Will probably be hot as balls in the Plains"

Went to Idaho in motorhome in 2020 and came back the middle of August through Montana. Beautiful country but the temp all day was between 103 and 106 F. Back in 2003 we stopped in Wall SD in August and the temp was 106F, it will be hot. Jim.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    " Will probably be hot as balls in the Plains"

Went to Idaho in motorhome in 2020 and came back the middle of August through Montana. Beautiful country but the temp all day was between 103 and 106 F. Back in 2003 we stopped in Wall SD in August and the temp was 106F, it will be hot. Jim.
    Yikes. Sounds like hotasballs for sure.

Top Bottom