• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Im going to make this as PG as possible, while still conveying the message.

Out and about today on the scoot, head south, into inner city heaven on Keystone today.
    I noticed what appeared to be a dangerous cager (Medium red Blazer, early-mid 90's, banged up from prior crashes); starting to pull out of a parking lot, and he did it. The closet I ever came to being crow food, avoided the accident by inches.
    As Im passing, I smell pot, heavy.

So naturally I do best & most legal thing I could do in this situation, I pull out the alwsome and never used too much universal salute, and then carried on about my business.

2 miles later, I see the same vehicle come speeding up, I look for evasive route, and comes within 6ft of my person, and then attempts to get on the side, I block him, not understanding his desires. Light turns red, and I slow to a stop well before the light (easy escape if a weapon is pulled)

This young (Perhaps older) urban looking gentleman opens his mouth
    HIM - "yuz flippin me off?"
    ME - "WTF do you think genius, you almost effing killed me you stupid b**tard!"
    HIM - "Soz yuz b disropectin me?"
    ME - "You almosting effing killed you P.O.S. Do you effing understand that?"
    By this time Im antipating 1). A confrontation 2). the gangster pulling a gun.
    I put the scoot in neutral, and put the kickstand down, and it's at this time the gangster decides he doesnt want none, and says
    HIM - "well get goin" *waves me to just leave*
    ME - "What I effing thought."

I dont know what the heck parents are teaching or have been teaching kids, but if you almost kill someone, you can expect that individual to be abit angry, and be grateful he doesnt remodel your face.

I personally I have no idea where da gangster thought he'd intimidate me, maybe he can get away with that crap, but you can run that game with everyone and get away with it; Perhaps the situation would've ended differently had my new friend had some homies with him to help give him the courage spirit.

Anyhow, as Im riding back, I see what appears to be the same beater heading North on Keystone, going to BroadRipple. Soon after that, I get home and greeted with my daughter *smiling, giggling* "Da dee da dee* and I get hugged, made me so happy to be alive to come back safely. I take off my boots, and grab some juicy juice, sit on the sofa, and watch my 17month old daugter putting on mommies' shoes on the wrong feet, and walking around so proud of herself, I smiled and this song popped in my head

YouTube - Lonestar - My Front Porch Looking In

I hope the gangster has learned

1). Dont do your freaking drugs & drive!
    2). PAY ATTENTION! Be happy you werent jerked out of your blazer, and get a forced appointment with the good doctor as your new dentist, and simply recieved a salute. Be grateful the Law protects cowardly thugs like you.
    3). Dont pretend to be man, and not be willing to be the part around men (again, I fully believe had I been out numbered, it would've ended quite differently.)
    4). DEFINITELY DONT EVER TRY THAT INTIMIDATING CRAP AGAIN; gonna take abit more than the threat of death & some punk to spook me into cowardice.
    :patriot:

I hope I saved the next riders some grief with this dbag, and the idiot learned a lession. I hope all the riders, stay alert, and be safe. And be sure to watch out for the red blazer in the area.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I would have punched him in the mouth for talking like an uneducated jerkoff. I hate it when people talk like that.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I recently got into motorcycles, fairly rookie. My first and only bike, Honda Rebel 250; Looking to upgrade, within a year or two, to a HD Sporty. :D

Mark, be happy brother. I posted what I could legitimately decipher from whatever trash he was speaking. I had to ask the dumb punk "What" 3 freakin times, because he kept speaking in his baby voice.

I dont hold it against him, It's his parents, teachers and overall the people who call themselves adults in his life that should be tortured for allowing the dbag to speak like an uneducated hillbilly.

Undoubtedly, I am being harsh on the fella, and not respecting the cultural differences between him and I; But when I can barely understand you, it becomes a major irratation.

And I'd say the same exact thing to someone from England if they came here talking in a way that made comprehension almost impossible.

Just my :twocents: Brother.

Frith

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I dont know what the heck parents are teaching or have been teaching kids

It comes down to one thing. DODGEBALL!!! They took that away in school and started letting everybody "win" in everything they do and the attitudes have gone to the crapper.

Bring back dodgeball!!!

That said, its great to hear you are ok. Happy riding.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    It comes down to one thing. DODGEBALL!!! They took that away in school and started letting everybody "win" in everything they do and the attitudes have gone to the crapper.

Bring back dodgeball!!!

^^^^^^this

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I recently got into motorcycles, fairly rookie. My first and only bike, Honda Rebel 250; Looking to upgrade, within a year or two, to a HD Sporty. :D

Nothing wrong with starting out small. Getting a bunch of miles in on a small bike first is likely to make you a better rider and a longer life. Starting out small is hard advice to take for most - I know I didn't listen. :rolleyes: It is likely for the best.

Two bits of advice? 1) Get yourself into an ABATE course. Best investment I ever made in the world of riding a bike. Bar none.

2) Please, please, please do not get tempted to roll that little 250 out onto the superslab. Yes, given enough distance, wind-at-your-back and gravity, you can spool it up to the typical 70-75 465-loop speeds (55... right.)

When you're out on that bike, without the aid of a big metal cage and airbags, two things will keep you alive: your hyper-awareness and the advantages of acceleration/braking/agility that the bike/rider possesses. A 250 Rebel has no business out on 465 where you're maxed out on the throttle and lack any headroom to motor away from a problem. I cringe every time I see someone out on a 250 Yamaha or Honda starter bike on the interstate.

Have fun, stay safe, do the ABATE class and watch out for cagers. It is tempting to give every one of them a piece of your mind... resist the temptation. If you get upset every time one of them does something stupid, you'll never enjoy your ride.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I face this kinda stuff all the time too....You have anything against sport bikes?

I used to, and still do like sport bikes; You might say I grew up on one, being that my Father used to race on one many many many moons ago. He was typically involved in the transnational stuff, and into the AGV product line.
    After a nasty wreck, he let the professional life go, again well before my time.

I have found that while I do like speed, I am far more comfortable just cruising.

Bring back dodgeball!!!

LOL

Im sure this 'attitude' is a source of our ills. Winners are winners and losers are losers, I agree to the degree that I believe it is robbery to call a loser a winner.
    But I've always been a competitive kind of guy, even when I lost miserably.

I was fortunate enough to attend a school, where Dodgeball was a very 'relaxed' game, and wusses were far and few between.

Thank you brother! :patriot:

Nothing wrong with starting out small. Getting a bunch of miles in on a small bike first is likely to make you a better rider and a longer life. Starting out small is hard advice to take for most - I know I didn't listen. :rolleyes: It is likely for the best.

Two bits of advice? 1) Get yourself into an ABATE course. Best investment I ever made in the world of riding a bike. Bar none.

2) Please, please, please do not get tempted to roll that little 250 out onto the superslab. Yes, given enough distance, wind-at-your-back and gravity, you can spool it up to the typical 70-75 465-loop speeds (55... right.)

First scoot I was looking at was Honda650, I believe late 80s, out in the boones. Rusted, glued and nearlying falling apart, didnt hold, has several 'issues'. Would've never made it back home. The fella I bought the 250 from, lived right across Keystone, and was top notch in knowledge of the bike history, definitely didnt have me leaving with 'thoughts' of a dope. Bike was in perfect condition, well maintained, simply beautiful.

I do need to look into a course, next spring/summer. On a trip up to Lebenon, my GPS screwed up majorly and ended up putting me on the big boy road - What an experience with the semis.
    I've put mine to 70, anything past that makes the bike feel very uncomfortable in the windblasts.
    Keystone is close to the limit of where I will roam around, little back roads etc.

When you're out on that bike, without the aid of a big metal cage and airbags, two things will keep you alive: your hyper-awareness and the advantages of acceleration/braking/agility that the bike/rider possesses.

I cannot stress this, nor can I stress enough "Looking" not just with mirrors, but eyes on - Blind spots still occur on scoots.

I keep the mentality that "EVERYONE" is out to hit me, I try to have general plans for situations, in a predictable manner.

A 250 Rebel has no business out on 465 where you're maxed out on the throttle and lack any headroom to motor away from a problem. I cringe every time I see someone out on a 250 Yamaha or Honda starter bike on the interstate.

Thank you, And I will agree.

The rookie scoots should be something to learn, on small roads; Anything more and they are being pushed past what they are specified for, and is only asking for problems.

Have fun, stay safe, do the ABATE class and watch out for cagers. It is tempting to give every one of them a piece of your mind... resist the temptation. If you get upset every time one of them does something stupid, you'll never enjoy your ride.

Thank you for the advise, and I definitely need to adhere to it abit more.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Second on the ABATE class. My wife has a Rebel 250, they are great starter bikes.

I'm surprised you handle the situation that calmly. Stupid is, as stupid does. And no, he didn't learn anything. Except to maybe not judge a biker by what he's got between his legs.

_OZ_

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    In Search of the Holy Grail
    You did good. !!

The last time I gave the finger wave to a truck that pulled out in front of me, I figured oh well... there was a stop light up the road and he stopped and got out and headed my way...
    Ya never know what they are going to do, and then he asked me if he had pulled out in front of me and I said yes........ then he said he was sorry for 10 mins while blocking all the traffic :) I had to tell him it was ok to get rid of him..
    Normally the ones that pull out in front of ya have never been on a bike and could care less...

It's a very strange world out there now......

Brad C.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Martinsville
    I used to, and still do like sport bikes; You might say I grew up on one, being that my Father used to race on one many many many moons ago. He was typically involved in the transnational stuff, and into the AGV product line.
    After a nasty wreck, he let the professional life go, again well before my time.

I have found that while I do like speed, I am far more comfortable just cruising..

Thats cool. I love Motorcycles i dont care what kind people ride...bikes are just amazing to me.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've pulled out in front of a bike before and there is no worse feeling, especially for someone who rides. I immediately pulled over to let the guy catch up. I let the window down to say I was sorry, but before I could get it out, he let me know I was one of those dumb *&& urban bangers that NVH described. I guess that's how it goes, but I'm still glad I didn't cause him to put it down.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Oh crap, Que that was YOU????? lol jk :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Que, I hear what you are saying. But consider that when someone is nearly injured, they're first thought isnt going to be "Oh well, he apologized." and again, I cannot stress enough the stories I've heard.
    Im glad eveyone came out OK in your situation, but dont fault the guy too much bro, almost being killed can make some guys angry.

Wow, good thing that it turned out alright. I ride also (supersports) so I feel your pain. Were you carrying?

Hyabusa?

I dont carry.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    Scooters are inherently dangerous, even BEFORE you add all the other elements like rednecks on pot, morons on the phone, fat, ugly chicks putting on make-up and the ever-present car full of 16 year olds with the bass turned up so loud it drowns out MY bike (No easy task). As a life long Harley rider I will tell you this, If you get into a fight with a four wheeler, you WILL lose! So stay safe. give them room and let them go because they are all blind and stupid.

7.62shooter2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Central Illinois
    Bikes are hard to see sometimes. I ride and one time I pulled my truck out in front of a friend ... I was kind of looking for her and I still missed her. :dunno: I apologized to her later in the day and her comment to me was that she was looking out for herself and was easily able to evade.

:thumbsup: +1 on having a bike on the interstate that doesn't get blown around and has the power to quickly get out of the way. I am also a fan of light bars since they make you more noticeable.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    :thumbsup: +1 on having a bike on the interstate that doesn't get blown around and has the power to quickly get out of the way. I am also a fan of light bars since they make you more noticeable.

I forgot to add anything about lightweight bikes! My first cruiser-bike had the equivalent horsepower of an 1100 Honda Shadow but only weighed 350 lbs and sat a little high. Crossing those air-current-eddy-lines around an adjacent lane semi was FUN!

7.jpg

My current bike is lower and a couple of hundred pounds heavier. A night-and-day type experience on the interstate.

IMG_1468.jpg

I'm betting that tall, light dual-sport bikes are a handful on the interstate breezy runs.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom