• ...and so much more!
  • williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hello
    This is not really a group buy but sort of. I am hoping to go to Indianapolis from Fort Wayne to make a purchase at the mormon storehouse. They have some amazing prices here is a link to the order form. http://providentliving.org/bc/provi...1_HSC_OrderFormUS_EngNov2011_pdf.pdf?lang=eng
    I also have a source for pinto beans at $70 for 100 lbs. I am checking my source for lentils as well. Last time I made the trip I did get lentils and it was cheaper than anything around here. I have not finalized my order yet as I do not know exactly which weekend I am going. If anyone else needs something I just ask you help with gas and pay before I leave as I would not want to be stuck with your stuff if you do not pick it up. I will be taking my minivan and if enough people want stuff I can take my neighbors trailer as I did last time (a couple friends and myself filled that). I believe I can haul 2500 pounds. My order will be around 600 so there is room for extra enough babbling pm me or call Chris 485 0400. Space limited so first come first serve.

ClydeB

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Southern Hoosier
    That's the Bishops storehouse at 5151 W 84th St. in Indy isn't it? I went by there a few weeks ago on a Saturday to see if they let non members come in and purchase items. Very hard place to find. You have to be right at the end of their driveway to see the sign. By the time I found it the place was closed for the day. And if i read the signs on the door correctly, its only open for business on Tuesdays?? Which means I would have to take off from work to go.

Could you tell me (if you know) do they let non Mormons purchase goods there? I live in south Indiana so meeting up in Ft Wayne would be difficult for me. :)

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hello
    Of course they let non mormons go or else I could not go there. They are open Tuesday and Saturdays for non members. I have never had a problem finding it, I have been there several times and it is a huge warehouse.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Thanks for the link the prices for the beans, sugar wheat, are great...the other prices are about what you can get in bulk at Sams. The buckets take up less space when comparing the pounds of the food...the down side of the buckets is the cost of the bucket,mylar bag and oxygen packets for the buckets. The spaghetti and macaroni are a little more expensive but if you can put them in a can it would be worth it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Beans milk and wheat are the 3 best the milk by far. rice is cheaper at godons and that makes sugar 60 cents a pound when I can get it local for less than 50.

I know I cannot drink powdered milk myself...makes me gag...some powdered might be good for baking or making gravy but instant milk is the best to store...especially if you have children.

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    The phone number is 1-877-483-9242, They are open on Tuesdays and Saturdays from 10am - 2pm but I believe they are remodeling and will not be open again until October 9th. That is what I was last told. Here is a link to the price sheet:

LDS Price Sheet

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    When i called this week I was told I could come and the hours above were correct and yes they told me after this weekend they would be closed for 2 weeks as well I am thinking of going the beginning of November.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    They are both "powdered". Powdered has to be added to warm water and takes a liitle bit to disolve. Instant can be added to cold stirred and drank. IIRC

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I just called the cannery that is local to me (Naperville Illinois). I was told that I would have to schedule an appointment. I made sure to tell them that I was NOT a church member. Was told that they did NOT have any specific hours for non-church members. That they were open to everyone at any time, just that you have to schedule an appointment. I am SO looking forward to scheduling an appointment and picking up some items there. :rockwoot:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I just called the cannery that is local to me (Naperville Illinois). I was told that I would have to schedule an appointment. I made sure to tell them that I was NOT a church member. Was told that they did NOT have any specific hours for non-church members. That they were open to everyone at any time, just that you have to schedule an appointment. I am SO looking forward to scheduling an appointment and picking up some items there. :rockwoot:
    Let me know, I'd like to tag along if possible.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom