• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I don't think I was price gouging. I said that the price is ridiculous, which is the only reason I decided to let go of some of my private ammo collection. I wouldn't have listed otherwise. I said I didn't want to sell at all, but if you want to pay this price, then you are basically twisting my arm. I said I had no interest in making any concessions on price. All this is blatantly listed in the ad, which is what makes it clear that buyer knew there was a big mistake and moved quickly to capitalize on it. A lot of people seem to be overlooking this or thinking it is irrelevant. Oh, and $100 off a $320 order is not a normal private "discount", especially being aware of the above facts

I guess you could call it karma. Sellers just be aware that these high prices can come with strings attached. Buyers will dispense with all ethics and do anything they can to pay less.

You sir, are just wrong. YOU quoted a price. HE paid YOUR price. It is unconscionable for you to try and claim he is lacking in moral ethics.

YOUR very claim defines YOUR moral code of ethics. :noway:

gyeakle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Marion (Grant co.)
    Hello to everyone and I respect everyone's opinion in here. This guy is wrong. I emailed him Sunday morning around 9 and not 8. I asked him if he still had the CCI's and if he did I wanted all 16. I asked him how much he would sell them for? He asked if I was sure I wanted that many & I said yes. He said he would sell all 16 for $220. My response to him was consider them sold. We PM'd each other back & forth for about 2 hours until we came up with a location to meet. I met him & counted out $220 to him and he asked me if I wanted to buy some 10/22 magazines my response to him was I was not interested. We then had about a 5-10 minutes conversation we shook hands & I thanked him & told him if he got anymore that I would buy them at that price. 16 divided by $225.00 = $14.06 per box. I would not drive 100 miles round trip to buy all 16 at $20/box. I would have bought them from a high priced armes list or gun broker. Although I thought $14/box was still overpriced I was still willing to buy it for that because they are hard to find. It was my choice to buy them & I'm not whining about it. I simply would not drive 100 miles round trip & pay $20/box. He had 4 hours to think about it and he still met me & made the deal at $14.06/box. On my way home he PM'd me & told me I owed him another $100 because he made a mistake. I feel like this guy is trying to degrade me and my integrity for buying this ammo from him & then saying I took advantage of him. I have made several deals on here & have never once had a bad reputation. I am not a member or this forum to take advantage of people. That is why I joined this forum because it seems like good honest people. Sometimes some slip through the cracks...I feel like this guy was just trying to shame me into more money after he made the deal & we shook hands. I would ask InGunOwners to remove this bad rating. Thank you in advance.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    You sir, are just wrong. YOU quoted a price. HE paid YOUR price. It is unconscionable for you to try and claim he is lacking in moral ethics.

YOUR very claim defines YOUR moral code of ethics. :noway:

Hey Skywired. Err... I've been meaning to talk to you about that furniture you bought last summer.....

gyeakle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Marion (Grant co.)
    Re: 22 ammo
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gyeakle
    Hello ,I would like to buy all you got even more if you have it 765-xxxxxxxI live in Marion and would make the drive . Please call thanks, Greg
    You are want both the bulk and the mini mags? Are you sure you want to buy that much?

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Hey Skywired. Err... I've been meaning to talk to you about that furniture you bought last summer.....

I bet it's worth at least 4 times what he paid you for it. I think he should pay up. Or maybe he could take you to Disney Land to make up for unfairly taking advantage of you. :):

gyeakle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Marion (Grant co.)
    Originally Posted by gyeakle
    Hello ,I would like to buy all you got even more if you have it 765xxxxx I live in Marion and would make the drive . Please call thanks, Greg
    You are want both the bulk and the mini mags? Are you sure you want to buy that much?
    I would like the mini mags first. What are you interested in trades?
    I can sell 16 mini mag boxes for $220. If you have something to trade let me know.

gyeakle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Marion (Grant co.)
    Okay, do you want to meet in the Carmel area today?

gyeakle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Marion (Grant co.)
    I can sell 16 mini mag boxes for $220. If you have something to trade let me know.
    If we can't make a trade I will buy the cci today so consider them sold . Just let me know where we can meet . Thanks, Greg
    Okay, do you want to meet in the Carmel area today?
    Can you call me so we can work out details ? 765-xxxxxxthanks, Greg

Last edited:

gyeakle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Marion (Grant co.)
    He posted this 45 mins after the deal was done

Well, serious mathematical error on my part. Shorted myself $100. My bad, too busy running around today. If you will work with me on making up my loss, I'll sell you the other 16.
    What do you mean 100.00 error ?
    They were $20 a box. 16x20 is $320, not $220. Doh!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    :twocents:Netsecurity, I agree with a lot of your posts, but your in the wrong here. The only thing owed here, is your apology to Gyeakle for this thread.:twocents:

gyeakle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Marion (Grant co.)
    Well I was pm ask if this was me. So I just wanted to clear the air. There is three sides to the truth . His side , my side , then the truth and he knows I did not do anything wrong other than pay him what he wanted for 16 packs of cci 22 .

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Hello to everyone and I respect everyone's opinion in here. This guy is wrong. I emailed him Sunday morning around 9 and not 8. I asked him if he still had the CCI's and if he did I wanted all 16. I asked him how much he would sell them for? He asked if I was sure I wanted that many & I said yes. He said he would sell all 16 for $220. My response to him was consider them sold. We PM'd each other back & forth for about 2 hours until we came up with a location to meet. I met him & counted out $220 to him and he asked me if I wanted to buy some 10/22 magazines my response to him was I was not interested. We then had about a 5-10 minutes conversation we shook hands & I thanked him & told him if he got anymore that I would buy them at that price. 16 divided by $225.00 = $14.06 per box. I would not drive 100 miles round trip to buy all 16 at $20/box. I would have bought them from a high priced armes list or gun broker. Although I thought $14/box was still overpriced I was still willing to buy it for that because they are hard to find. It was my choice to buy them & I'm not whining about it. I simply would not drive 100 miles round trip & pay $20/box. He had 4 hours to think about it and he still met me & made the deal at $14.06/box. On my way home he PM'd me & told me I owed him another $100 because he made a mistake. I feel like this guy is trying to degrade me and my integrity for buying this ammo from him & then saying I took advantage of him. I have made several deals on here & have never once had a bad reputation. I am not a member or this forum to take advantage of people. That is why I joined this forum because it seems like good honest people. Sometimes some slip through the cracks...I feel like this guy was just trying to shame me into more money after he made the deal & we shook hands. I would ask InGunOwners to remove this bad rating. Thank you in advance.

It is hilarious how a guy who jumps on an ad to buy them listed as $20 each, no price concessions, admits to saying he'll "take them all" 16, and even here now admits I asked if he was "sure" (I only asked this because they were so expensive), BEFORE EVEN ENQUIRING ABOUT THE TOTAL, now says that he would NEVER pay that price.

^This is what I'm dealing with. If I had one doubt in my mind about his knowledge of my mistake I would never have posted this. thread. His denial is a giveaway.

gyeakle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Marion (Grant co.)
    You know I posted I'll take them all after we pm each other and you gave me a price of 220.00 then I post ill take them all so everyone would know . Just following the rules

Top Bottom