• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have no desire to do that. And if I tried I'd be crucified by the gun owners I'm trying to help. Unlike SW who had ample time, desire, and an unending line of zombies just waiting for something like that to join.

I have previously invited you to change my mind by showing me the people who have been influenced by the article to change their mind.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

grass roots - definition of grass roots by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

there is no required number of people required to achieve "grass roots" status. I could call my friends around the country and create a website. They would join my FB page as "chapters" of wherever they are from and whammo! Grass roots organization. Now say a millionaire likes my premise and decides to promote me. Bingo MDA. Even easier if I am SW and have democrat PR background. She puts up a FB page, calls her friends, gets a little money from bloomberg et al and voila she has overnight created MDA.

Or or maybe she is anti2A already and has been talking to people about doing something. Then Newtown happens and it is the extra push she needs to get started. It DOESNT MATTER. What matters is not how she got there but that she did and now we have to convince people that her premise is wrong. Not simper and whine

"but but but MDA isn't grass roots (whimper). It's not fair! She shouldn't be allowed to say Newtown convinced her to start MDA because she already hated guns (whimper) Make her stop doing MDA because Bloomberg is helping her too much."

I prefer the approach based around the BS premise she espouses rather than the POSSIBILITY that she had MDA ready to go ahead if time. My approach is to introduce people to shooting. Help them buy and train. If left wing extremist ideas come up I explain the fallacy and present data. I don't even bring MDA into the conversation. IMO the best way to combat ignorance and gun control is to get more people owning their own guns and joining the existing organizations such as the NRA. Obviously a few of you guys feel differently. I can no longer count fingers and toes of new shooters I've brought into the fold. As I have said, I'm open to new effective methods. When you have some success stories, please share them so I have data to consider.

Whatever. Anyway it's my opinion vs your opinion. I don't care how you fight the fight. All I've said is this method irritates me and my opinion is that there are better ways and that if I were an Anti2A activist I'd be laughing at stuff like this thinking "good. The pro 2a folks are wasting their time and look like tin foil conspiracy nut jobs."

i think ink ive beat this dead horse to a pulp so I'm not gonna argue with you anymore. Carry on.

This is the stupidest goddamned argument I have ever heard. How in the universe do you think you can counter the position of a shameless fraud whose position depends on the uninformed buying into that fraud while disallowing any effort to address the fraud? In case you have failed to notice, her entire position rests upon people buying into the belief that she is the soccer mom next door who got fed up and launched a movement out of her kitchen. The truth, as corroborated by her own public social media profiles, is that she is a professional mass manipulator who is serving as one of the public faces of Bloomberg who no one with a working brain can deny has a very focused political agenda.

In case you have failed to notice, the left has developed a very effective formula of combining emotional appeals to people's sense of what is warm and fuzzy alternating with the fears associated with being denied that comfort in tandem with flagrant character assassination of anyone who disagrees with them. Just in case you didn't notice, it has been working very well, yet when we try the same approach only using verifiable facts rather than making sh*t up like the left does, you scream FOUL at the top of your lungs. WTF?

How does refusal to accept what a leftist says at face value in spite of verifiable facts to the contrary constitute tinfoil conspiracy?

How does refusal to point out to the fence-sitters that they are being bombarded with BS by a professional liar/manipulator (per her own social media profiles) work against us?

Seriously? How does your position connect with reality?

It sounds to me like you think we have a duty to capitulate with a token effort at countering emotional appeals with statistics, which we have seen fail, and fail, and fail again. I don't know about anyone else, but when I see someone who has presented me with a great deal of verbiage such that everything I can verify is a falsehood, I tend to doubt the truthfulness of anything else that person has to say. Why do you consider this an unreasonable approach to dealing with this particular liar other than that you are apparently overdosing on PC in a huge way?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    This is the stupidest goddamned argument I have ever heard. How in the universe do you think you can counter the position of a shameless fraud whose position depends on the uninformed buying into that fraud while disallowing any effort to address the fraud? In case you have failed to notice, her entire position rests upon people buying into the belief that she is the soccer mom next door who got fed up and launched a movement out of her kitchen. The truth, as corroborated by her own public social media profiles, is that she is a professional mass manipulator who is serving as one of the public faces of Bloomberg who no one with a working brain can deny has a very focused political agenda.

In case you have failed to notice, the left has developed a very effective formula of combining emotional appeals to people's sense of what is warm and fuzzy alternating with the fears associated with being denied that comfort in tandem with flagrant character assassination of anyone who disagrees with them. Just in case you didn't notice, it has been working very well, yet when we try the same approach only using verifiable facts rather than making sh*t up like the left does, you scream FOUL at the top of your lungs. WTF?

How does refusal to accept what a leftist says at face value in spite of verifiable facts to the contrary constitute tinfoil conspiracy?

How does refusal to point out to the fence-sitters that they are being bombarded with BS by a professional liar/manipulator (per her own social media profiles) work against us?

Seriously? How does your position connect with reality?

It sounds to me like you think we have a duty to capitulate with a token effort at countering emotional appeals with statistics, which we have seen fail, and fail, and fail again. I don't know about anyone else, but when I see someone who has presented me with a great deal of verbiage such that everything I can verify is a falsehood, I tend to doubt the truthfulness of anything else that person has to say. Why do you consider this an unreasonable approach to dealing with this particular liar other than that you are apparently overdosing on PC in a huge way?

Blah blah blah.
    You half understand the issue. On one side of your mouth you acknowledge that liberals don't think like we do and on the other side you want to use an argument that makes sense to conservative minds to convince liberals. You do realize that a very large portion of our society are manipulators by profession? News Media. PR. Lawyers. Politicians. Actors. Writers. The list goes on.

Then you get angry.

I told you, I am perfectly willing to reconsider your position if you can show me any proof that it has convinced anyone other than the choir to change their anti-2A position. I think that is pretty reasonable. I don't understand why you are so angry at me. I'm not pulling the plug on your typewriter, just saying I think there are better ways. This is why the liberals will win. They unify to accomplish goals. We can't even agree on how to start.

How do I connect with reality? I bring in new shooters. I provide the NRA with a war chest. I actively discuss the benefits of gun ownership with multiple people on a daily basis. Yep, my head is in the clouds.

Damn I argued more. Can't help it. It's my nature to be contrary.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Blah blah blah.
    You half understand the issue. On one side of your mouth you acknowledge that liberals don't think like we do and on the other side you want to use an argument that makes sense to conservative minds to convince liberals. You do realize that a very large portion of our society are manipulators by profession? News Media. PR. Lawyers. Politicians. Actors. Writers. The list goes on.

Huh. Conspicuously missing from his argument is the part about trying to convince liberals.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    A large following - by definition - is a lot of people. She doesn't have a lot of people. Grassroots:lots of people.
    WOW! Start a chapter in all 50 States in 3 days! That's quite an acomplishment. Although the exact number of members in these groups are unknown, don't let their impression that they are millions strong be intimidating. Carry on Soldier!

Top Bottom