• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    My older sister (RIP) lost her car keys in the house once, searched for two days for them. Finally found them in the refrigerator, she set the groceries in there with them in her hand.
    Lol. I used to periodically misplace my checkbook. (remember those? Checkbooks? How quaint.)

It took me a couple tries, but I soon learned to first check the laundry hamper. Eventually figured out that I had some kind of weird brain short where I would come home, start pulling clothes off, and somehow just take the checkbook and throw it in the laundry hamper. It wasn’t in the pocket of clothing that I put in there, it was a separate action. Never did figure that one out.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    At least you didn't have a battleship sunk.View attachment 300429

Does this count?

1695173868988.png

I was in the Caribbean when that happened.
    My poor Mom can't tell ships and subs apart, and was worrying herself to death waiting on my phone call.
    Which, of course didn't come because 1) I was on a sub, underwater and 2) I didn't know my mom was worrying like that. So I maybe could have called from Port.

And 3) I seriously didn't know my mom didn't know the difference between a battleship and a submarine.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Lol. I used to periodically misplace my checkbook. (remember those? Checkbooks? How quaint.)

It took me a couple tries, but I soon learned to first check the laundry hamper. Eventually figured out that I had some kind of weird brain short where I would come home, start pulling clothes off, and somehow just take the checkbook and throw it in the laundry hamper. It wasn’t in the pocket of clothing that I put in there, it was a separate action. Never did figure that one out.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I’ve heard that the army will lock down a base over a missing m4 sear!…these guys ain’t ever getting off base!

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I just wonder how it goes after a plane or helicopter crash in the military? I've seen how bad it get just a for a cracked hood on a humvee.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Your version of laundering money.

I see I'm late to the party again.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I just wonder how it goes after a plane or helicopter crash in the military? I've seen how bad it get just a for a cracked hood on a humvee.
    The results of the accident investigation board will dictate the official fit-shan spread, which will take a few weeks at least. But in the meantime, I’m sure there’s plenty of double checking of training records, maintenance records, crew rest, flying hours maximums, etc for gaps or omissions or errors. And extra supervisory attention. The two-day safety stand down is just the beginning.

When I was with the 552 Airborne Warning and Control, Wing 1982-1986, one of our planes TDY to Saudi Arabia collided with a KC-135 after air refueling was completed. Both planes made it back to base, but just barely, especially the KC-135.

As a computer programmer/analyst I was in the geek part of the wing, not the flying part, but this got intense interest. Lots of very serious faces among the wing leadership, big shots from TAC headquarters flying in and out. Lots of gossip, of course, both locally and in the papers. Will the Wing Commander keep his job (he did.)

In fact, there was so much that the wing commander did a very interesting thing. Once the accident investigation board had completed its work and the report was official, he held an officers call for all officers, not just flyers. The wing flying safety people briefed us on exactly what happened so we could tell our troops and squelch some of the scuttlebutt. It was pretty interesting.

Top Bottom