• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't believe he's given a public statement, other than what was on the audio recording of the radio calls.

Another note about the number of shots: I think some confusion starts with the radio call of "shots fired" which doesn't necessarily mean multiple shots (at least not in my experiences). That's just a shorthand for when an officer shoots. It might be multiple; it might be one.

The reported coroner findings appear to state a single GSW was the cause of her death. Doesn't rule out multiple shots, but it seems like if there had been more than 1 extra hole in her, that would've been part of the reported findings, too.

I suspect that we'll find out there was only 1 gunshot.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If that's the case, I'm back to neg. discharge.
    Local reporting modulating to say that she was shot 'through the door.' Now, again, that doesn't rule out shooting through the window, but it seems like an easy distinction to make. If it was a single shot, through the door, it starts to sound more like an ND.

Some quick research also indicates that Minneapolis PD uses the S&W M&P as a "service" pistol, and officers can self-select what caliber with the choices being 9mm, .40, or .45 (if they want to steal souls while they're at it). FWIW.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A certain UK rag's website is reporting the following:
    The partner of a Minneapolis cop who shot dead bride-to-be Justine Damond was 'stunned' when the officer opened fire through a squad car door, sources say.
    Officer Matthew Harrity, who was in the driving seat, was speaking to Damond after she called 911 to report a sexual assault occurring near her home, when his partner reached across him and fatally shot her in the abdomen.

Not directly linking because the source, citing sources, is suspect IMHO. But, like the Enquirer here, they sometimes get things right.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Based on what? What information do you have that we don't, or do you think that an un-intentional act leading to one's death, should be treated the same way as an intentional act with the same result.

What part of drawing the weapon , reaching across his partner and aiming at this woman was " unintentional " ?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    "So many police departments shoot first and ask questions later." Here you go making the all or nothing statements again. Police departments don't shoot people, individual officers do. To vilify an entire department, or profession for that matter, based on the actions of one officer is assinine. You know, kind of like when all gun owners are vilified for the actions of one? But hey, we're talking about the police so who cares about making rational statements.

Ok, ok...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What part of drawing the weapon , reaching across his partner and aiming at this woman was " unintentional " ?
    Wait.

I don't think any of those 3 "facts" you reference has been established conclusively, and weren't even mentioned at the time of Kut's post.

Regardless, you didn't really answer his question: should an ND be treated differently in this instance, given the result, than intentional?

(I have my own opinion, but it is pretty boring and likely non-controversial.)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, I think its obvious that the gun was drawn at some point.

I am, however, suspicious of the "reached across his partner" part as I have seen numerous reports of "shot across his partner", which, again, would seem to be obvious and only a couple that say "reached across" and those seem to be quoting the source TLex quoted.

Reaching across and shooting across- two similar phrases that could have radically different meanings.

....and then there's the fireworks....

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I am waiting for the news reports of white people rioting in the streets over a black officer shooting a white woman.

Oh, wait - that probably isn't going to happen.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I am waiting for the news reports of white people rioting in the streets over a black officer shooting a white woman.

I was thinking about it tomorrow. But I started a new job and don't have any vacation days yet. Maybe Saturday after I help my aging dad with his lawn mower, change the sway bar end links, air filter and oil on my wife's van. But I was wanting to smoke some ribs and relax after chores. Oh yeah my wife picked up some extra hours Saturday because, well because kids and we need some extra cash so we can start saving up for Christmas. Stupid responsibilities. Adulting is hard.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Well, the race card was bound to make an appearance eventually.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region

We all know the following is true... why try to pretend otherwise...

If the races of the participants had been reversed, Black Lives Matter would be shutting down highways, politicians like Governor Mark Dayton would be denouncing racist police officers, and newspapers around the world would be writing about racial bias in policing. But those things are not happening. Governor Dayton, who issued incendiary denunciations of the police when the races were reversed, has declined to comment.

If It?s Not Race, It?s Gun Control | Power Line

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix

So from what I understand you are done with your month long vacation in Australia and now in, or where vacationing in Germany. Yeah whitey has really kept you down. The way I see it don't be a lazy, self entitled d bag. You have worked hard and been successful. Don't perpetuate the problem.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    tenor.gif

Top Bottom