• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I live by Eagle Creek and just witnessed four pairs of what looked like V-22 Ospreys fly over. I went inside and heard a few more go over... Anyone know what they are doing? Anyone else see them?

v-22_osprey.jpg

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Two flew over the house a couple weeks ago while I was water the flowers for my wife! I didn't have my phone on me and wanted to stay outside to watch em. It was pretty cool to seem, they were pretty low to the ground!

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Our home is in the approach flight path of a runway at FWI, (home of the 122nd Fighter Wing Airbase) so we see A10 "Warthogs" flying over our home all the time, with many of them low enough where you can clearly see the details of the forward Gatling Gun and twin engines. We used to see F16's, but they were replaced with the 'Hogs.

Two very distinct sounds between the sharp "searing" sound the twin GE turbofan engines of the Hog and the thunderous "gushing" sound of the Pratt-Whitney turbofan afterburner engines of the F-16's!

Simply awesome!!

:patriot:

Last edited:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Two very distinct sounds between the sharp "searing" sound the twin GE turbofan engines of the Hog and the thunderous "gushing" sound of the Pratt-Whitney turbofan afterburner engines of the F-16's!

Simply awesome!!

:patriot:

I was a jet engine tech on A-10s for 12 years. After having worked F-4s, we called the A-10, the "20 ton dog whistle."

A-10930TFW.jpg

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I saw two A-10 Warthogs fly over Anderson this morning about 10:00 am heading north north-east. Last week or so I saw three heading heading south west at higher altitudes. Just wondered what was up. Is Anderson on a flight route now?

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    I saw two A-10 Warthogs fly over Anderson this morning about 10:00 am heading north north-east. Last week or so I saw three heading heading south west at higher altitudes. Just wondered what was up. Is Anderson on a flight route now?
    It was most likely part of a training flight over Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the Moto GP... I saw them on Indy's northwest side around 13:55. it looked like they were only a couple hundred feet off the deck.

Top Bottom