• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

bob190e

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2010
    Valparaiso
    I currently have a Dan Wesson CBOB & VBOB. They are great guns. I have had STI's, Springfields, and Kimbers before and keep coming back to the Dan Wessons for the Mid Range 1911's. So my vote is for Dan Wesson, but on a side note I wish I never would have sold my STI Lawman, or my Springfield TRP.

Jerry45Acp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    in the country
    I've had bad luck with (two) 1911 Custom II Kimbers. I have no experience with Springfield's 1911s except for the full size G.I. Model which I can not recommend to anybody. You would do yourself a big favor if you checked out the new S&W1911PC sku:170343. It has the Performance Center action job with a 3.5-4 lb trigger, a Briley Spherical Bushing, and slide ported cuts---that look great! It lists for $1539 full retail. The problem may be finding one.
    I have never had any issues with my S&W 1911DK that I've been shooting for many years, or my (2) Gold Cup Trophy Colts.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Put a couple of mags through my Dan Wesson Valor so far, then picked up a Springfield with a threaded barrel. My son was lusting after that, wanted to put one of those ridiculous compensators on, but he has neither the age nor the money, so I made him watch me buy it. I think it'll go better with a can anyway. As I'm getting over my illness, I'll be able to get out and see what it takes to make them cry, but I'll still CC the Para P12.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I just got an all stainless Sig Carry. Really nice fit and finish. I adjusted the trigger and now have almost no take up and a short reset. I really have no complaints.

I too have had bad experience with Springfield GI models. Kind of turned me off of getting one of their nicer ones.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    Springfield.... Lifetime warranty to original owner. Any issues, send it back. they repair or fix most issues, no charge.

Top Bottom