• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I was walking through the Archery Trade Association (ATA) show a couple years ago in uniform and Ted was in the middle of a business meeting, he stopped the meeting, walked about 40 yards to me and a couple co-workers, shook our hands and told us "thank you for what you do".

How many famous rich people do you think would show that kind of respect towards anyone.

I reaaaaaaaly think a lot of Ted. What a great person for America, for hunting and for the 2nd Amendment!!!

whitetail2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    Ted didn't actually get to hunt this trip. He had just had knee surgery last Tuesday, so the Dr. said no hunting for about a month. It was about to kill him.
    Got to hang with Ted for the weekend. A real down to earth guy once you get to know him.
    The hunts are conducted at his Sunrize Acres facility, about 30 minutes from Jackson, Mi. This was our thrid trip up there.
    This trip was just unreal. Monster hogs that were meaner than all get out. Saw 1 pig shot 4 times, all double lung shots, with a 500 SW. Still ended up charging us when he refused to fall down and die. LOL
    When I get more pics downloaded, I'll post them here.

whitetail2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    It is a high fenced hunting operation. The Michigan DNR has very strict rules for these types of operations. Each and every hog taken on that property must be blood tested for rhino-virus and psudorabies, as well as having a herd inspection by a vet, I believe 4 times a year.
    At Sunrize there are , I'm guessing about 400 acres in one enclosure, as well as seperate breeding barns, and growing pens of sizes much larger than what you will find in any modern day swine farming operation.

whitetail2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    Though both my wife and I had successful hunts, and we got to hang with Ted for a couple of days, the true high point of the trip was being witness to a Wounded Warrior, being given the chance to return to hunting.
    Dustin, was in Desert Storm. Before being sent to the sandbox, he was forced to take the anthrax pill. This pill caused him, to contract Lou Gehrig's Disease. He is confined to a wheel chair, a paraplegic. A friend of ours has built a rig called the Liberator, which allows the handicapped to return to hunting.
    This was the first time since becoming sick, that Dustin was able to hunt. Just being able to help in some small way to make his wish come true was very humbling.
    Dustin, Pete Odland, builder of the Liberator, and Uncle Ted.
    vethunt.jpg

Dustin,and His pig, with the Liberator.
    Dustin.jpg

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    Very Cool!! My in-laws property is on the Jackson/Calhoun county line, so I do all of my deer hunting there. Two seasons ago, we took our deer to the processors and there were a couple of hogs, from his farm, there...they were huge!

I am waiting for one to get loose, and wander over to our property!! You know, just so I can ....see it.

whitetail2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    Very Cool!! My in-laws property is on the Jackson/Calhoun county line, so I do all of my deer hunting there. Two seasons ago, we took our deer to the processors and there were a couple of hogs, from his farm, there...they were huge!

I am waiting for one to get loose, and wander over to our property!! You know, just so I can ....see it.
    Better hope you see it, before it see's you. Them hogs are meaner than hell. LOL

whitetail2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    Awesome! I would love to hunt with uncle Ted! Is it pricey to hunt up there for hogs?
    We got a special rate, being we are Nuge Board members, but I believe the going rate is about $575. To have Ted hunt with you, it does get pretty pricey though. Check out this link for the different hunts available and prices.

TedNugent.com

Top Bottom