• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barnstormer37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Don't know if this is the correct place for this, but here goes. Some members seem to be obsessed with making comments about noobies attempting to make posts just to get to the 50 count. I understand that rule is in place for a reason. I did not join this board to have access to the classified ads, not wanting to buy or sell.

I'm here mostly just trying to learn about where the shooting ranges are, something about which LGS's are the most well liked, varying opinions on semi's vs revolvers, and so forth.

I'm guessing that many other new members are the same. Some of my posts may be one liners, doesn't really matter to me if it counts as a "quality" post or not. It just seems unecessary for some members to rant their negative comments about others trying to reach the 50 "quality" post count. :twocents:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    For those who come to the forum for information and conversation the 50 post rule is really irrelevant anyway. It is only those new members obsessed with getting to the classifieds that are affected. Personally I find those threads where someone is wounded and butthurt because they can't get to the classifieds really funny and I enjoy reading them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Don't take it too personally, barnstormer. There are those that like jumping on noobs and/or the least little mis-statement--and whoa-be-onto-you should you make spelling and grammar mistakes. Just scroll on by the posts that aggravate you.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Don't take it too personally, barnstormer. There are those that like jumping on noobs and/or the least little mis-statement--and whoa-be-onto-you should you make spelling and grammar mistakes. Just scroll on by the posts that aggravate you.

Your post aggravates and annoys me, but it was the last one in the thread and so I can't scroll past it. I demand satisfaction, sir. :draw:

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    I like to read the threads by some of the 50 post complainers just for the humorous diversion.

Heck, sometimes Hornadylnl gets too serious with all of his common sense and knowledge. And Classic with his insight and wisdom oy vey these guys are boring sometimes. ;)

Aha, but some whinny jackwagon with a case of butthurt now that's some entertainment right there.

Seriously we all appreciate a guy with your attitude in our community.

:ingo:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Remember OP, we've all been there. I'm easy on new folks because they might not have as much knowledge as some people on here (myself NOT included, I'm always learning). I'm glad you're on INGO for the info and fun. Glad to have you!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah, they got so whiny that it was easier to just merge them all into one thread.

Nothing screams "I'm entitled!" like the sobbing of someone with a tiny, easy-to bypass obstacle in their way. :rolleyes:

You found a whole in my theory!

Now I'm annoyed and can scroll no furthe either. Misery loves company...I guess that's all the satisfaction I can offer.

:D

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Some folks are just busy bodies. To ensure compliance is a mod's job.

And yet mods regularly note that there are only a limited number of them and they depend on members to report problems....

Just remember, if someone harms you or your loved ones, it is the police's job to enforce the law. Witnesses shouldn't report the crime. :rolleyes:

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I only see four quality posts in this thread..

Scutter, Pudly, BennettJH and Master.

I demand the rest be deleted, and their post counts reset.

(insert purple where desired)

But seriously OP, don't sweat it, it's alot like joining any other group the new guys are gonna get hassled. But truthfully, even if you only have 40 quality posts, the INGO community will always have your back. Period.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Some folks are just busy bodies. To ensure compliance is a mod's job.

And yet mods regularly note that there are only a limited number of them and they depend on members to report problems....

Just remember, if someone harms you or your loved ones, it is the police's job to enforce the law. Witnesses shouldn't report the crime. :rolleyes:

You can report the post or not report the post, but don't be a dick to the newbies. That's why neg rep was removed. Too many people being dicks to the newbies.

Top Bottom