Lafayette
    Modern Combative Systems LLC

Presents

Personal Preparedness 101 & Traumatic Injury Management

SAT 27OCT12 9 AM-5 PM

Buck Creek Community Center

4700 N 750 E Buck Creek Indiana 47905

Morning Session – Personal Preparedness 101
    Personal Preparedness 101 is an intensive four hour course of lecture and hands on training for people who realize that their wellbeing is their own responsibility. All the gear and gadgets in the world are no good to you without training. We also know that emergencies of all types happen when you least expect them. For this reason, our course is based on educating you about the things you need to have with you all the time and how to use them. After covering bare essentials, we will move onto the selection and use of specialized gear. Topics covered include-

· Bag selection (including organization)
    · Water containers
    · Water purification
    · Shelter (maintaining body temperature)
    · Tools
    · Communications
    · First Aid Kits
    Course is both lecture and hands on.
    · Cordage
    · Fire starting
    · Gear Repair
    · Basic Knots
    · Protective equipment
    · Flashlights

Afternoon Session – Traumatic Injury Management
    This intensive four hour course is intended to provide the attendee with the education and training needed to treat them or another immediately following a traumatic injury, prior to the arrival of EMS. This class is for informational purposes only and does not certify the attendee to provide medical care. Topic covered include-

· Packing your TIM Kit
    · How to use Quick Clot
    · How to use an Israeli Bandage
    · How to use a CAT Tourniquet
    · Patient Assessment
    · Shock
    · Penetrating Injuries
    · Burns
    · Crushing Injuries
    · Traumatic Amputations

Class will be both lecture and hands on. Attendees will be placed in controlled scenarios requiring them to assess and treat the patient, before giving report to EMS.

Cost of each course is $80, attend both for $150 ($125 for INGO members) and save $10. To register with your credit card call 717-889-1753 or pay using Pay Pal to mcs521@gmail.com

Space is limited. Pre-registration required by 15SEP12.

Attendees will also receive a free Introduction to Inverted Edge Tactics

INGO members will receive an additional discount of $25 for the full day package- so both courses for $125

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    To be clear- I am hosting this at the Buck Creek Community Center, George "Mercop" Matheis Jr. of Modern Combative Systems is the instructor. Last time I hosted George there was some confusion as to what my credentials were.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    I owe several of you certs and merch from the last class. Please e-mail me at mercop27@gmail.com with what I owe you and it will go right out. Please include your addy.

Sorry I have not been around, had some personal issues over the summer and have spent most of it bouncing at a popular night club in Baltimore. I hope to see old and new faces in OCT.- George

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Last time I hosted George there was some confusion as to what my credentials were.
    :): I remember that.
    <sample snotty remarks to make you feel right at home> "Who are you, and what qualifies you to host this course?!"
    "And just what are your "credentials", young man?!"

<sample response not posted>"My credentials are +P+, you ****in' jerk."
    :laugh:

Course description looks very worthwhile. Financial hammerblows on all sides now, so not sure if I'll be able to join you.

Best regards to you and your family.

... bouncing at a popular night club in Baltimore.
    Sounds exciting. :)

Last edited:

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    For those who aren't familiar- Buck Creek is right on the outskirts of Lafayette. You can pretty much just think of the location of this class as being in Lafayette.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I would be there, but I have a prior commitment that weekend. I will RO'ing at the Indiana SS production revolver match. It's too bad that there aren't 2 weekends per week. LOL

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    I will write you a pass Matt.

I am really excited for this class. To me it makes no sense not to seek out this kind of training.
    It should work out. I agree, gives much needed knowledge and practice with that stuff. Prefect selection for where I think we are at! :rockwoot:

skip the wedding,they are worse than funerals:):

the suffering is just beginning
    :D I was hoping to be the objection.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I am actively recruiting more participants from outside this forum. Remember space is limited so if you're on the fence get off it. This training is a must for anyone who admits that people sometimes get injured. If you think carrying a cop is heavy try lugging an ambulance around.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Guys, I am gonna cut registration off on 01OCT12 so I can make my travel arrangements. If you call the office at 717-889-1753 you will speak to Lisa (AKA She Who Must be Obeyed). Give us a call so we can put you on the list and then just drop a check or MO in the mail or pay with PP to MCS521@gmail.com.

Sorry I have not been around. I had to attend three funerals last week. Two for police I worked with. So we are a little behind.- George

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom