• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    They got video of it… if you can read lips. They both have commented what was said afterwards so sounds legit. But ya who knows… but I don’t see democrats voting for a R even if they are a RINO.
    They only have to vote present.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Can you explain this? Is 218 not the total still needed, even if a bunch of critters vote present?

Yes. I think it only matters if members are NOT present physically, not the vote they cast. I dont know the exact rule, but I heard somebody mention that the reason most if not all Democrats are there is that by them not showing up for the vote, the count lowers. So they are literally keeping the chair warm for the sole purpose of making it harder for the Rs to get enough votes for ANYONE.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Who is “whoever”?

The last I read Congress has an average 60% approval rating by the representatives constituents. Congress as a whole is currently near 20% approval rating. This means a clear majority like their congress critter and a huge majority despise everyone else's. The results of term limits mean folks are deprived of the representation they want.

I have never seen term limits as a panacea. The swamp is deep and well stocked with foot soliders. Take a hypothetical state senator that runs for the fed house and wins, they then go to DC with themselves, a consigliere, and an aide.

The party assigns a team of staff, our rep and their trusted advisers become about 20% of the team, a team that already knows what to do, and likely has ambitions and loyalties elsewhere. If we do term limits there will be unintended consequences, one of them is giving the permanent DC even more power.

Why is there such a certain belief that if only we got rid of the people in congress, the new people will be so much better?
    I don’t know. WEF, the Fed, Satan?

Whoever is running this fiasco.

Top Bottom