• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    So I'll make a deal with you I'll post 5 bills that were unconstitutional votes. I'll list them and how he voted. You go research each one then come back and tell me why it was an unconstitutional vote.

After you study those 5 I'll get you 5 more, and so on.

Otherwise it's a pure waste of time.
    I'll play with this counter... your "stats" was:

I look at the constitutionally of the vote. 118th he's 50% at best.

His overall is about 52%. 116th congress he vote against constitutional 73% of the time.

Do either the 118th congress or the 116th where you feel a Constitutional question was at stake. Personally, I think he's getting worse and the later Congress would be more damning of him, but sounds like you are more exacting for the 116th. Either was, you chose... in your opinion, unconstitutional votes Young made in the 118th Congress... or in the 116th Congress.

ETA: And I'll start a new thread or find a Young thread so this isn't a total thread jack! :)

Here, please:

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wasn't the US Constitution birthed by compromise tho?
    Compromise by people who had substantial ideological overlap, and I believe quislings were excluded

The question posted earlier is quite to the point - how do you compromise with people who believe all private gun ownership needs to be ended, that man and woman are interchangeable designations, and that massive deficit spending has no consequences?

Would you compromise with the Devil?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I'm trying to decide what the most (incorrectly) overused acronym du jour is: "RINO" or "AI".

Also, how come we never hear the term "DINO" repeated ad nauseum from the other side? Could it be that they see that politics is the art of the possible, and that they want to unite against the true enemies, who sit on the other side of the aisle?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And Reagan didn't think any US citizen had the right to carry a gun.

I have no idea what is with the boomercon worship of the guy, a lot of the mess we're in today was because of his moves.
    He precipitated the collapse of the USSR

It was others who squandered the peace dividend and a great opportunity to work with the USSR's remains. They chose other, hotter wars for the profits they brought and caused the reconstitution of the Russian empire by pushing to totally destroy the Soviet Union while it was on its knees

Any student of history could have predicted the outcome

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm trying to decide what the most (incorrectly) overused acronym du jour is: "RINO" or "AI".

Also, how come we never hear the term "DINO" repeated ad nauseum from the other side? Could it be that they see that politics is the art of the possible, and that they want to unite against the true enemies, who sit on the other side of the aisle?
    Because they are essentially a hive mind. There are no BINOs, only those loyal to the queen are allowed to survive

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Leave it vacant. Vacant would be an improvement vs. those that have occupied the position for the last 20 years.
    It would only require a few (at least 6) 'republicans' of faint heart, along with those same 210 dems voting en bloc, to install Jeffries as speaker allowing him to control the floor and terminate any investigations that Biden finds 'problematic', and he would do so in a heartbeat unless they were needed to force JoePedo to retire - and those same surrender 'republicans' would blame desire to 'forestall the chaos and get back to the business of running the country' and quite likely get away with it if they represent NY or CT or RI

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Haven't verified this, but it seems like an example of something the "you need to compromise" crowd doesn't understand. The first step to compromise, is establishing your negotiating position, before stepping up to the table.

Where you end up, mostly depends on where you start.
    "... The fates are cruel enough. Remember: No matter where you go, there you are"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    some people are content being angry and accomplishing nothing.

In the meantime, we have 8 idiots who just compromised the ability of 18 Biden district republicans. Because of the eight idiots who are mad that McCarthy couldn’t boil the ocean in eight months with only the house, we will now compromise these seats, and give power back to the Democrats. It’s the dumbest political move in 20 years and people who who are mad that Republicans couldn’t snap their fingers and fix it all and somehow think this will make it better are complete ****ing idiots and they will be the ones most mad when Democrats take over, but still feel good about their principles because they didn’t compromise.
    Sounds like a variation on the 'reasoning' being proffered for not supporting Trump

Maybe Gaetz and company just chose to use your playbook?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I would highly encourage people to view this podcast. Ruthless does an excellent job breaking down. What happened this week and the interview with Miller is spectacular. Miller was a former Trump guy [rode Trump's coattails as long as it was politically advantageous] and has a pretty good [self-serving] understanding of what happened.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Easy answer, I believe I posted that Manchin and other so called moderate dems voted with Biden 90%+ vs. Young being near the middle of the road at about 48%. The dems almost always vote together…

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    some people are content being angry and accomplishing nothing.

In the meantime, we have 8 idiots who just compromised the ability of 18 Biden district republicans. Because of the eight idiots who are mad that McCarthy couldn’t boil the ocean in eight months with only the house, we will now compromise these seats, and give power back to the Democrats. It’s the dumbest political move in 20 years and people who who are mad that Republicans couldn’t snap their fingers and fix it all and somehow think this will make it better are complete ****ing idiots and they will be the ones most mad when Democrats take over, but still feel good about their principles because they didn’t compromise.
    The dumb move started with McCarthy and the first spending bill he help secure for biden. He sealed his future and made the decision that his power and pride was worth more than that of the party he was supposed to represent. In the end McCarthy will be the one responsible for any seats lost in the next election.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Compromise by people who had substantial ideological overlap, and I believe quislings were excluded

The question posted earlier is quite to the point - how do you compromise with people who believe all private gun ownership needs to be ended, that man and woman are interchangeable designations, and that massive deficit spending has no consequences?

Did God?

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

He fails to recognize the only compromise acceptable to democrats is to agree to their agenda.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    The dumb move started with McCarthy and the first spending bill he help secure for biden. He sealed his future and made the decision that his power and pride was worth more than that of the party he was supposed to represent. In the end McCarthy will be the one responsible for any seats lost in the next election.
    This is literally ********. What did you expect him to do? Holdout for default? Trim back the defense budget and entitlements to clear the deficit with 1 chamber? Gaetz and the seven clowns are responsible for this chaos. The left is laughing the right because Gaetz is self-centered and 7 are flat out dumb.

Reactions: oze
    Top Bottom