• Is Sen. McCain giving up?

• Total voters

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Saw on the news where Sen. McCain was speaking to a crowd, and told them that Sen. Obama was a good person and they had nothing to fear from him! IMHO McCain is tired and giving up. To bad because Gov. Palin would have been a good president--- oh I mean VP.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Just saw it on CBS. It happened in Lakeville Minnesota after an attendee said that he didn't want to live in a country with BOH as President. McCain was not forceful and seemed subdued and apologetic. Doesn't look good :xmad:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Ok I saw it now on the morning news. I think that it was not a smart comment to make but i don't think that it is a sign that he is giving up. They attacked him after the last debate saying he was too aggressive with Obama which was ridiculous but he is obviously reacting to that.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I only saw the very small snippet that the news media played but he (McCain) seemed tired and apologetic and maybe that was the intention of the edited clip but if McCain doesn't channel that anger and direct it to get out the vote then BOH most assuredly will be anointed :dunno:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    The bottom line is the main stream media is going to magnify ANYTHING that makes McCain and/or Palin look bad and downplay anything that makes Obama look bad.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It's a shame we can't start a TV station of our own. We wouldn't have to BASH anyone. Call it a factual TV station with news that is the truth the whole truth and nothing BUT the truth so help us GOD!

Oh wait, the FCC would probably shut us down for that....

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    I do not think he is giving up. Just wants to appeal to the moderates.
    There by pissing off the Conservative Base. That he needs to win!:xmad:

USPc40

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Madison County
    I was thinking this myself after the last debate. Next day the local talk radio show hosts out here (who are both Republicans) spent the first segment of their show talking about the things McCain should have, but didn't say. Seem's like maybe the campaign is getting to be too much for him, or he's not willing to drag Obama and the Lib's through the mud like he needs to.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I don't think McCain has given up, but I think the election is almost wrapped up for Obama. The fat lady is warming up in the dressing room.

The anti-Bush sentiment is so strong right now, and with the economy tanking, people want a drastic change. I can't stand Obama, but let's face it, he's a lot flashier and works a crowd better than McCain. It seems our country today is much more concerned about style than substance. It makes me sick, but it is what it is.

I also feel that McCain has not been given the best advice and direction for his campaign. That stunt he pulled suspending his campaign was idiocy. His spokespeople do a lousy job, and he just can't inspire people. And, that what people are looking for.

It really bums me out that it appears Obama is headed for victory. I don't think McCain has given up, but I'm not sure his campaign has any answers for the situation they're in.

Top Bottom