• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    i like the Maxpedition shoulder bags and gear. I bet no one will call it a purse to your face. :)

Me too. the Maxpedition is solidly made and I carry one everyday.

I have NO concern what any man thinks of me because I carry this bag. I already have a beautiful wife, I know how hetero I am and I have no one to impress.

Best regards,

Terry

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Me too. the Maxpedition is solidly made and I carry one everyday.

I have NO concern what any man thinks of me because I carry this bag. I already have a beautiful wife, I know how hetero I am and I have no one to impress.

Best regards,

Terry
    elton john had a wife too. im pretty sure he also carried a man bag.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I think we need to start a revolution!

Lets make man bags (at least canvas tacticool ones that don't look like purses) socially acceptable!

Just think of the crazy survivalist crap you could carry around with you all the time.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I'm looking at getting something to carry while the wife and I are on an upcoming vacation. What I carry on my person during an everyday event:

1. Wallet w/cash and cards
    2. Pocket knife
    3. Cell phone
    4. Car keys
    5. Pistol
    6. Coins
    7. Pen

8. TLR 1 light
    9. Spare batteries
    10. Flint/tinder/whistle
    11. Lighter
    12. Power gel
    13. Mace
    14. 2 Spare mags (G19)

Kbar TDI fanny sack. Smaller than most, deigned for weapon draw. Can also attach to a belt to carry or defeat cut and grab crooks. Does not scream gun.

I carry one to and from my truck daily for two years. Use it for any walking I do. I recently wore it on a day hike that also involved going straight up (at times crawling) a 400' change in elevation. Works great.

Ron at Tactical Shotgunner carries them. I have yet to see better in such a small package. Right or left handed, designed for quick removal of the gun. If you need more stuff drop one mag. I stuff a mag in the area for the barrel used for left handed draw.

If you are an out of control gear whore, may not work for you. Maxpedition gear is great stuff too.

Last edited:

Oldman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bluffton, In
    Hawkepak and tommygunpak make models that fit on a regular belt. At some point I will have one of these two. There is absolutely nothing "swishy" about the Hawkepak or some of the tommygun models, especially the discreet models. They both are simply a covered holster imo..

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Just sayin' :dunno:

maxpedition.png

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Bags are great for traveling, or even a fanny pack. Makes it easy to leave your pistol in the car if there is some reason to. We were in Missouri recently, and while you can open carry and cc, there are certian restrictions on it. So, instead of having to pull a pistol out of your IWB and put it in the glove box or where ever, you can leave it in the bag, in the car. Coming back to the car and retreiving your weapon is easy, and you can carry all your other stuff in the bag too. I have a Maxpedition bag too, and use it for EDC.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Having a 3 year old I'm always carrying a bag anyway, looking at getting a orange Fatboy soon.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    Go with the Maxpedition Jumbo over the Fatboy; has the waterbottle pocket and has no problem holding a full sized pistol. My Jumbo (in dark tan) is my travel/need extra room bag. I normally carry a Country Comm BOB for work (X-large) or church (large). While they look more like a brief case, they are really just larger "man bags".

The guys that won't carry one or give you **** about one, are just to insecure to carry one.

-- Greg

Lynn Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    MSG 2 / Indianapolis
    I have a black canvas courier bag for an every day bag. Not a single person has commented on it not looking "manly". It has a torso strap for when I ride my bike (as in motorcycle).

So far the only comments I have gotten were a "thank you" when using something I have carried in it whether it is a flashlight, first aid kit, multi-tool, pen, or other useful item.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I wear carpenter style pants or Cargo Shorts and require no additional "bag" to carry my EDC gear. I do use a belt "pouch" that looks like a Nextel Phone case/clip that holds my LED flashlight, my Multitool and 1 of my spare G22 Mags.

Other than that I have everything broken down by pockets with as even of weight distribution as possible.

EDC gear list :

1. Wallet (credit card bifold type with ID window + Money clip attached)
    2. Keys
    3. Personal Cell
    4. 3.5" Gerber partial serration easy open folding knife
    5. 2" case pocket knife,
    6. 128MB USB flash drive with anti spy/malware+ virus cleaning software
    7. Spiral top notebook and pen inside ziplock bag
    8. Backup + Work ID + LTCH in Ziplock bag
    9. Work Cell + Bluetooth
    10. G22+spare mag in uncle Mikes IWB Holster
    11. fullsize Multitool. (Can't remember which brand is in the EDC pouch, probably craftsman).
    12. 2nd spare mag (for total of 3 mags, 45 rounds of .40S&W)
    13. Anodized aluminum LED flashlight (Says water resistant but meh... its just got rubber gaskets on the battery and lens caps.

I see no need for a Murse of any sort.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    NEGATIVE!

Best line of the movie was "Not at the table, Carlos!" :D

This is not a purse or a man bag, it's a Satchel!

Second best line of the movie, first being "He was a Retard" followed by a close third of "there is a jungle cat in the bathroom!"

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've never been able to get comfortable with the single-strap pack, although I've owned several of them. I have an old Land's End canvas briefcase that would work fine if I weren't carrying a computer everyday. Most of my EDC stuff is carried on my person (my pockets are always full).

Top Bottom