• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gutpile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    i have tried for 10 years now.....went down at 5 pm total circus.200 plus people.....for 34 spots. i tried years ago on the mail in too they cannot figure out 500 memberships is simply not enough for the shooting community ........never again.......have land south i have decided my own range is ok. really wanted to go closer for organized shoots. used to be a senior member at sycamore valley @ IU til Miles Brand screwed that up.

gutpile

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Where in the world are they waiting? The website and here on INGO said there will be no parking on the access road, and if everyone is parking on Burton Lane, that's kind of illegal isn't it?

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Where in the world are they waiting? The website and here on INGO said there will be no parking on the access road, and if everyone is parking on Burton Lane, that's kind of illegal isn't it?

People started parking in the parking lot and access road sometime around 3 or 4 I think. By 6 the cars were parking on the side of Burton.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yea you would think they would change to a waiting list or lottery process. Make it much easier on everyone. But who am I to tell them how to run there club.

gutpile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    yea and ONLY 34 slots avail......i mailed in for a membership years ago******,,certified mail..8 am delivery....NEVER heard back called and got a story of some fella in the hospital and apologized that they screwed up. Never offered to make it right......this and that mess tonight and last year sorry to say is it for me. they can have it.
    All folks want is a`working or non working membership and a`safe place to shoot and compete. They could double the ranks buy up surrounding land and have a world class place.
    gutpile

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I didn't get in and I wanted to, but it seems to be a nice range and the members I know like it. If a range is going to have a problem, let it be too many people lining up to join.

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    It would be so much more convenient for me than Atterbury, but I won't deal with their process. It's their club so they can do what they want...I have no problem with that.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    i have tried for 10 years now.....went down at 5 pm total circus.200 plus people.....for 34 spots. i tried years ago on the mail in too they cannot figure out 500 memberships is simply not enough for the shooting community ........never again.......have land south i have decided my own range is ok. really wanted to go closer for organized shoots. used to be a senior member at sycamore valley @ IU til Miles Brand screwed that up.

gutpile

With all due respect, I call :bs:
    I joined 5 years ago in March and there were still spots available. :dunno:

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    3 years ago I showed up at 10am on new years and got in. No biggie.

I'm very happy they do such a great job. The place gets better every year and it's not too busy that you have to wait to shoot. The droves of people looking to get in just prove the point. INGO has surely spread the word on the place, and IMO it has caused the backlog for membership.

It's like the people who can't get into a night club and start calling the place a dump. Sour grapes.

iceman4226

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Bloomington
    Ya I wanted in to and thought 8:00pm last night would've been enough time but not. its a good thing I checked the forum b4 I left. so I didn't waste a drive. Need to start looking for another place.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    would those folks who got in get 72 virgins or something? gee, it's just a place to shoot guns.

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Posted the following in another related thread, but will copy here as well:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladies & Gentlemen....thanks for a smooth operation this AM, the appl. taking and money handling took just 40 minutes and it was a done deal.

New members who made the cut will receive their electronic gate cards on or about Jan 30, 2014 and those cards will remain activated til Jan 30, 2015...so you get a full 12 months of membership. Renewals are sent out in early Nov. giving existing members 6 weeks to get their renewal form and funds sent into the club...those that do NOT renew by our deadline create the pool of new openings Jan 1.

At this time, we have no plans to expand membership number beyond our current 500 family limit...it works for us, existing members love that we are not crowded and it generates sufficient funds to maintain and improve the place. As a privately operated club, we can and do control our own destiny.

As a board we will review the good, the bad and the ugly concerning today's new member process and will again communicate that process on our club website and here on INGO by early Dec. 2014. One thing for sure, next time we will be barricading the short access road from our club gate out to Burton Lane to keep that road open for club members or emergency vehicles getting in and out...it was almost a parking lot this morning and signage alone was ineffective.

Roger for the Board

ps...we ran out of virgins about half way thru the process this morning, but got no complaints in that regard !

Top Bottom