• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • conan1rice

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Wayne County
    Here come the haters, but i think the 1911 is outdated. It is a beautiful gun and is great for target or show, there are more modern guns with better features. Id rather go to battle with a glock, sig, XD, or m&P. JMO.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Army SF are running a lot of G19/17's right now. Lost of NSW using the Sig's. Funny thing is, we still teach the 1911 in the armorer's courses they attend.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    The 1911 seems awful heavy and large. It would seem a reliable polymer in .45 would produce the same results, cost much, much less, and be more comfortable to carry.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    The 1911 seems awful heavy and large. It would seem a reliable polymer in .45 would produce the same results, cost much, much less, and be more comfortable to carry.

It's not that heavy, or large. At least not for Marines, who don't need girly light guns. Maybe dainty army types do. :laugh:

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Large and heavy may come in handy if you have to pistol whip some bad guy over the head with it. Try that with a polymer gun. Oh, I'm sure it would work, and would probably hurt too, but I bet the bad guy would tell you he would rather be cracked over the head with a polymer pistol than have his skull crushed by a chunk of steel that's to big and heavy.:D

Dirty Steve

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    It has only taken 25+ years for the military to realize their mistake replacing the 1911 with the Beretta 92's.

Yes and it took me all of about five minutes when we were given the M9's. I knew right then it was a huge mistake. I was hoping it was some kind of a new cheaper to buy and use training weapon. I was wrong.

Top Bottom