• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I'm not. What a stupid idea! I'm sure all the criminals will realize that it is illegal and will quit shooting guns, just like they stopped murdering people when they found out it was illegal.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Somehow I get the feeling that Ms Smith is one of those dipshidiots who moved into a subdivision in the 'burbs and is now wanting to control the actions of people who where there, doing legal things, long before she bought her little HOA controlled .3 acre lot. I just can't stand people like this. Why is it that they move into an area for the 'Small Town Feeling' but insist on bringing their 'Big City' douchebaggery with them?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    From the linked article:

Ryan Vaughn, Ballard’s chief of staff, was right in his observation that there are still rural areas of Marion County. “It makes sense,” he told The Star, “to regulate areas that are more dense differently than you would the more rural areas.”

BULL****! Mayor Ballard's Chief of Staff needs to pull his head out of his ass. WE are NOT the problem. Learn the difference.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Next thing you know they will be wanting to use NY's model of gun control for Indy. Nothing like trying to make one rule for everyone even if it doesn't work. I'm sure they will want to include outdoor gun ranges in the ban.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Makes me feel like I need to register my back yard as a shooting range before they try another fast one.

Last edited:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Sneaky no doubt. I really do believe that Ballard did not mean to approve that portion of the bill but it's concerning that neither he or his staff actually read the whole thing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Somehow I get the feeling that Ms Smith is one of those dipshidiots who moved into a subdivision in the 'burbs and is now wanting to control the actions of people who where there, doing legal things, long before she bought her little HOA controlled .3 acre lot. I just can't stand people like this. Why is it that they move into an area for the 'Small Town Feeling' but insist on bringing their 'Big City' douchebaggery with them?

More common than you know. We have had our share of this even around here.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    From the article: "This isn’t about guns rights. It also isn’t about crime; people taking target practice in their yards isn’t the kind of gunfire that people are most concerned about in Indianapolis."

Well, what is it about then? Does she really think a ban on legal gunfire will have any impact on safety? I wonder what legal gunfire is causing the safety issues then.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I remember when they built that subdivision immediately east of Eagle Creek Airport. For those that arent aware how close it is, you actually turn into the same drive off 38th to get to both the subdivision and the FBO. They are that close.

Even though that airport has been there for decades, the homeowners had the gall to complain about noise within a couple years of it being built and tried to close the airport down. They did succeed in modifying the flight patterns a bit, but JFC! Seriously?

I'm seriously getting tired of the entitlement mentality in this country.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Erika Smith (for those who don't know) writes a regular column for the Indy Star. She is regularly so far off base as to be laughable and I doubt that anybody takes her seriously. What she apparently chose to ignore, or is ignorant of, is that the overwhelming majority of shootings in Indy occur in that area which was already covered by the old "shooting ban". Typical thoughtless commentary being repeated by Ms. Smith who, it would seem, hasn't had an original thought since she arrived in Indy. If you've been paying attention, you know the Mayor and Public Safety Director immediately issued a statement assuring those outside the old city limits they could continue shooting as before. I believe there really is nothing to see here.

Top Bottom