• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

My guess is Ryan Jerome would conclude his natural rights to defense documented in the Second Amendment are being infringed upon.

I would say they are.

How are they not?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think it's.... Well, let's be polite and call it "interesting", though there are other words I'd choose in other circumstances... that a LEO can carry legally in any state and a Marine (active OR former) cannot.

What's criminal is that any of us cannot do so until such time as a crime is committed with that firearm. (and I don't mean criminal in the sense of local laws against carry.)

Blessings,
    Bill

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    How are you supposed to know what you don't know?

In Indiana you don't have to get training (not that I'm advocating it) so you apply and you get your LTCH. Not everyone is up on politics and laws. He may have made the quite reasonable assumption that it was legal in IN so it was legal everywhere.

By what method would you gain the knowledge you didn't have?

"But, he should have checked on the laws before he went."

Why? Every state has different laws about lots of things. Why would it occur to you to make special checks about firearms if you didn't know you needed to check? You can't know what you don't know.

Top Bottom