Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "*******" is an exclamation in common vernacular in English. It does not imply belief in a deity. Your teacher was/is an idiot. So if I roll my eyes and say "Jesus Christ!" at his nonsense, it's not exactly a prayer.

What's next? "Holy ****" as a proclamation of faith?

:rolleyes: :):
    Hey, at least the Christians gave you words to blurt out when you're pissed, eh? I mean, what's a real atheist gonna blurt out? Nothing? :p And for the record, I refer to those fish thingies on bumper lids as "Holy Mackerel". See? We even have a sense of humor. :):

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Atheists always talkin' bout religion ........

iu

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I doubt that you are getting upset over anyone dogging on Buddhism.

:):
    Are you capable of honest discussion absent deflection? You could just say exactly what you meant with that post. Your body of work has been enlightening enough to many here to give us a firm sense of exactly what you were talking about.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Are you capable of honest discussion absent deflection? You could just say exactly what you meant with that post. Your body of work has been enlightening enough to many here to give us a firm sense of exactly what you were talking about.
    Never thought myself important enough to have a studied body of work, but thanks, I guess.

:dunno:

But I suppose that's the difference. I'm not nearly arrogant enough to believe that I have a personal relationship with a deity that created an entire universe, and that every other human who has existed and believed differently is wrong. And burning in a lake of fire.

I don't think that it's knowable. And that makes me agnostic, not atheist. I could be wrong. Can you admit that you may be wrong?

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Never thought myself important enough to have a studied body of work, but thanks, I guess.

But I suppose that's the difference. I'm not nearly arrogant enough to believe that I have a personal relationship with a deity that created an entire universe, and that every other human who has existed and believed differently is wrong. And burning in a lake of fire.

I don't think that it's knowable. And that makes me agnostic, not atheist. I could be wrong. Can you admit that you may be wrong?

That's just because God loves me more than he loves you.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

No you're not particularly important, but I think you know well enough that those three words on INGO refer to a well known position indicated by repeated posting by a particular member on a particular topic. That being said, I think it's odd you have a preoccupation with religion, and in particular Christianity, when you have admitted repeatedly it's something you don't believe in. You could as easily substitute Santa Claus, but its always Christianity. I dont understand the animosity for something you don't believe exists.

I've not staked out a position on the topic here, and you don't really know what I believe. You've inferred my beliefs, but you dont know them. I just find it curious that atheists have such animosity for something they don't believe in. The animosity is more typical of atheists than it is of agnostics. Agnostics seem to be more live and let live, and that isn't at all your approach.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No you're not particularly important, but I think you know well enough that those three words on INGO refer to a well known position indicated by repeated posting by a particular member on a particular topic. That being said, I think it's odd you have a preoccupation with religion, and in particular Christianity, when you have admitted repeatedly it's something you don't believe in. You could as easily substitute Santa Claus, but its always Christianity. I dont understand the animosity for something you don't believe exists.

I've not staked out a position on the topic here, and you don't really know what I believe. You've inferred my beliefs, but you dont know them. I just find it curious that atheists have such animosity for something they don't believe in. The animosity is more typical of atheists than it is of agnostics. Agnostics seem to be more live and let live, and that isn't at all your approach.
    Actually, IMO, the deep-seated animosity towards Christianity is more a sign of LGBTQ than atheism or agnosticism. Think PaulF

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    This pertains mostly to CRT, but crosses into anything the Left is against:

Completely despicable IMO.
    This is pretty much their normal tactics for everything now. They'll slander you on social media, go after your job, and directly threaten your life and property. They're not shy about it because they know that they control enough of the levers of power to not be scared of consequences anymore.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This is pretty much their normal tactics for everything now. They'll slander you on social media, go after your job, and directly threaten your life and property. They're not shy about it because they know that they control enough of the levers of power to not be scared of consequences anymore.

It's unfortunate that we let a few loud, unhinged voices drive things.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Last edited:

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

It's funny. Once you realize that they have no real power over you and you stand back with zero F's to give and be everything they hate, it only hurts them more. Even if they were to take away all of modern civilization and conveniences from me through doxxing or social pressure, I can still survive and live a much better quality of life than all of them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom