Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    If you want to make the claim, "the vaccine is ineffective", I certainly won't bristle as much as if someone makes the claim, that you're more likely to die if you get vaccinated. The latter certainly isn't true* and when someone tries to make that case their own evidence betrays them.

* EDIT: It might possibly be true (like their might possibly be aliens), but there's nothing to indicate that.
    For people like me that have had and recovered from the virus the vaccine IS more likely to cause me death or give me serious complications than the virus. I’ve already had it. Survived and moved on. Now I have to look at the risks of a vaccine and decide if they are worth getting a shot that could reduce my natural immunity.

But people like me (46+ million of us) don’t count and we are supposed to get the jab anyway.

And let’s talk about hers immunity. 433million doses administered in the us. Even if you divide that by 3 that’s 144 million people vaccinated and 46 million survivors with natural immunity. That puts us at just shy of 200M people. If you go with an average of 2 shots per person we are pushing 250M people. That’s 75% of the country. That’s well beyond any hers immunity threshold.

But if the vaccine doesn’t work those numbers go out the door. And signs show the vaccine doesn’t stop the virus. Doesn’t stop the spread. Doesn’t stop deaths.

So come on people. Let’s get back to living because the only other option is dying.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    It isn't the "It's safe!"
    - debatable
    It isn't the "It's effective!"
    - debatable
    It's the "You must get vaccinated! By decree!"
    - No.
    This is absolutely it. If the vaccine were highly effective at preventing transmission then I could buy the strong push for it from a “my rights end when they negatively impact your rights” standpoint. That isn’t the case. It doesn’t seem to drop transmission rates by very much, and definitely not by enough to make it mandatory in order to live and work in society. It does appear to be pretty good at keeping people alive, but that’s their own business.

I haven’t gotten the vaccine because I don’t think it’s the best choice for my situation. It’s not because I think it’s a globalist plot to kill me, or because I’ll die immediately of myocarditis, or will be implanted with a chip, or because everyone I know nearly died from it, or whatever else had been claimed.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    This is absolutely it. If the vaccine were highly effective at preventing transmission then I could buy the strong push for it from a “my rights end when they negatively impact your rights” standpoint. That isn’t the case. It doesn’t seem to drop transmission rates by very much, and definitely not by enough to make it mandatory in order to live and work in society. It does appear to be pretty good at keeping people alive, but that’s their own business.

I haven’t gotten the vaccine because I don’t think it’s the best choice for my situation. It’s not because I think it’s a globalist plot to kill me, or because I’ll die immediately of myocarditis, or will be implanted with a chip, or whatever else had been claimed.
    I’ve been saying the same thing as well. Because I’m not parroting the narrative I’m an anti-vax looney. Really? Did you listen to anything I said?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I’ve been saying the same thing as well. Because I’m not parroting the narrative I’m an anti-vax looney. Really? Did you listen to anything I said?
    I agree. I also see the same BS from both sides. I’m not anti-vaccine simply because I don’t want it. I’m not pro-vaccine because I think some of the claims made in these threads lack logical reasoning or credible evidence. I see things that don’t add up and I call them out. If I’m wrong, tell me why. Some people have to make everything binary and accuse anyone who questions them of being a “sheep” or “liberal” or whatever goofy things. I see very little evidence this vaccine is any more dangerous than any other vaccine, medication, treatment, etc. If I were high risk and hadn’t had COVID already, I’d probably get it. I also see no reason anyone should be forced to get it.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Apologies for interrupting any vaxgasms...

He resurfaced at a wedding, so apparently he’s fine. The wedding that was held at a place that’s been closed to the public due to COVID...where nobody was wearing a mask...but the bride was a rich heiress, so hypocrisy is ok.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The way I think of it, the real threat from covid plus the actual efficacy of the vaccine, in terms of preventing spread, choosing to be vaccinated is a personal solution, and we’re nowhere near the point where the threat plus efficacy becomes a collective solution.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree. I also see the same BS from both sides. I’m not anti-vaccine simply because I don’t want it. I’m not pro-vaccine because I think some of the claims made in these threads lack logical reasoning or credible evidence. I see things that don’t add up and I call them out. If I’m wrong, tell me why. Some people have to make everything binary and accuse anyone who questions them of being a “sheep” or “liberal” or whatever goofy things. I see very little evidence this vaccine is any more dangerous than any other vaccine, medication, treatment, etc. If I were high risk and hadn’t had COVID already, I’d probably get it. I also see no reason anyone should be forced to get it.
    If you’re not completely against it, you’re for it. If you’re not vaccinated yourself, you’re against it. You don’t even have to be in the middle. Or a moderate. There’s plenty of room inbounds of the fringe. But anywhere in that area, both sides call you the other.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom