• ...and so much more!
  • Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Having spent some time down there I have a couple things to say. In most cases if the road is blocked there are no alternative routes. The road you are on is the only way due to the Canal and how narrow the country is in spots. Also, I would rate Panamanian prisons somewhere below Mexican prisons. That dude is going to have a short “rest of his life” behind bars.

In no way am I justifying what he did. I understand the frustration but that’s murder.

He doesn’t look the least bit angry. I think it was premeditated and not someone who snapped.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Damn if that isn't a great picture. The Spirit Of INGO. :laugh:

Can't really shoot people for being annoying though

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I’ll never understand the lack of basic respect for others displayed by these “protesters”. Go protest the lawmakers, that makes sense. Dragging the unwilling into your tantrum and interfering with people’s lives for your personal crusade is begging for trouble. I’m not one to come to for comfort when that trouble finds you.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    The roadblocks have caused up to $80 million in daily losses to businesses and have shuttered schools nationwide for more than a week.

What do they say about pissing off old people? Klausm nailed it.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    After watching a longer video and getting some back story, I have to say I'm conflicted. Allegedly the protestors were protesting the environmental impact of one of the largest copper mines in the region. They blocked a major highway, causing the shooter, who I'll refer to as Kenny, to confront the blockade. Yo no habla espanol, so I don't know what they were saying, but he drew after a few seconds to intimidate the protesters, where he started to dismantle their blockade for a few minutes gun in hand at the same time yelling at them (I assume telling them to move their s**t). This is the setup to the actual event posted in the videos above. I did not understand what they were saying to him at that moment, but it very likely did not warrant deadly force.

I'm conflicted because as @phylodog mentioned above, these protesters are playing with people's lives by disrupting traffic like this, not only that but also putting themselves in a degree of danger. Eventually people get fed up with this and something like this event inevitably happens. On top of that, it can cause disruptions to the local economy. I'm not necessarily going to lose sleep over this, however Kenny was not acting as a responsible gun owner that day to put it lightly. He immediately used his gun as intimidation and used deadly force against two individuals whose biggest threats were possibly calling him bad names (allegedly). I agree with Kenny's frustration, but not to his method of venting that frustration.

Edit: I posted this because the links everyone was posting weren't showing up for me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah. Somebody needs to tell the idiots that they are not getting anyone to their side by pissing them off.

"I used to not care about global warming. But now that you have made me late for work, I have come to see the light. "

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Yeah. Somebody needs to tell the idiots that they are not getting anyone to their side by pissing them off.

"I used to not care about global warming. But now that you have made me late for work, I have come to see the light. "
    You have convinced me. Humanity's carbon footprint must be reduced. Starting with the ~90 years of future carbon use standing in front of me.

Top Bottom