• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Our Liberty is at stake and you are cracking wise!

All the prisoner needs is to touch the hemline of Ron Paul or to sweep his floors and he will be cured. But noooo, because of The System he has to be in jail.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Back in the day when infectious diseases caused more deaths than society wanted to deal with it was common for carriers to be legally isolated. My father's first wife died in a TB sanitarium she was confined to while he was away fighting the Japs. The best known case is Typhoid Mary about 100 years ago.

It used to be that the immigrants were strictly checked for any kind of communicable sickness at all, and turned away at the borders. Over the past few decades this has not taken place, and along with the illegal immigrents many new and treatment resistant forms of TB have made a comeback in our country. It would not surprise me at all to find out that the laws that allowed involuntary confinement are still on the books.

Those that are young just don't understand the horror and outright terror our parents felt about these killer diseases.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Our Liberty is at stake and you are cracking wise!

All the prisoner needs is to touch the hemline of Ron Paul or to sweep his floors and he will be cured. But noooo, because of The System he has to be in jail.

There are bigger issues out there that you could be worrying about Kirk. I hear that there is someone who doesn't think that an 870 will discharge with your finger off of the trigger!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Generally these are people who are not good about taking medications. Generally these are people who have a multi-drug-resistant strain of TB and Are not taking her medications as they should. They are risk to the population when they're out and about. The solution is to do direct observational therapy and watch the pill go into his mouth. I guarantee there is much more to the story that is not being released.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    guarantee there is much more to the story that is not being released.

You are in violation of the INGO Rules of Evidence and I strike your reasonable statement and move to insert "he was kidnapped by the System and should be free to infect all of Illinois".

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    For a start, how about those that can be spread by simply being in the same room and can kill you?
    For starters? You mean you'd willingly consider additional ones outside that standard?

Here's the list of potentially fatal airborne communicable diseases:
    pulmonary tuberculosis
    influenza
    measles
    meningitis
    varicella
    diptheria
    pertussis

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    As far as I know, nothing in the Constitution is a suicide pact. If you have something that can easily spread via breathing and infect a community with a potentially fatal disease, stay home. If you choose to ignore that, expect to be confined.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Is a court order to remain in your home not a form of 'confinement'?
    It is. He's in jail because he broke that court order. He could have stayed in his own home.

If you want we could probably arrange for you to live with an infectious TB patient somewhere. I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem with it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    To be fair, it's spread by sputum/respiratory particles, not breathing. It's also why it had been illegal to spit on the ground. The spores hang around forever it seems.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Back in the day when infectious diseases caused more deaths than society wanted to deal with it was common for carriers to be legally isolated. My father's first wife died in a TB sanitarium she was confined to while he was away fighting the Japs. The best known case is Typhoid Mary about 100 years ago.

It used to be that the immigrants were strictly checked for any kind of communicable sickness at all, and turned away at the borders. Over the past few decades this has not taken place, and along with the illegal immigrents many new and treatment resistant forms of TB have made a comeback in our country. It would not surprise me at all to find out that the laws that allowed involuntary confinement are still on the books.

Those that are young just don't understand the horror and outright terror our parents felt about these killer diseases.

The few rare cases of rabies you may see in the US in a year are usually immigrants.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom