• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I like cats and wouldn't shoot a bobcat or a mountain lion even if it was legal.

Just too neat of a critter for me to shoot.. But that is me.

As far as being able to "shoot any of God's critters" turns back the clock to the days of market hunting when all was fair game. No, hunting HAS to be regulated. Low poplulation species needs to be protected..

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I like cats and wouldn't shoot a bobcat or a mountain lion even if it was legal.

Just too neat of a critter for me to shoot.. But that is me.

As far as being able to "shoot any of God's critters" turns back the clock to the days of market hunting when all was fair game. No, hunting HAS to be regulated. Low poplulation species needs to be protected..
    Agree.Remember how they hunted the Buffalo just for the hide.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    So you anti hunting regulation guys feel like you should be free to shoot a Bald Eagle, or Red Tail Hawk, or Horned Owl? They would make awesome mounts to sit in your family room, and the buzzards could eat the carcasses. Right? I mean we should be able to kill anything for what the **** ever reason we want, right?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Alittle touchy aren't we? What does a bobcat kill that a predatory bird doesn't? A mountain lion? Yes, that could pose a risk, a bobcat, not very likely. You can berate those who don't get pissy about the laws all you want, I think you'll find more people who will ask "why kill a bobcat"? Than you will find who are itching to go out and kill one. That would include a great deal of those who are avid hunters. And by the way, there's no need to be insulting towards those who disagree with your position, it does nothing for your stance on the subject.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    I could care two craps less about my "position"

You want to believe lies then be my guest and knock yourself out.

46 years of being protected is WAY MORE than enough to get the species back on it's feet.

You dont care because you probably don't hunt or trap predators.

Typical, because it does not affect you, so you don't care.

Maybe one day when something dear to you is on the block and forbidden then you will suddenly give a crap.

Then it will be my turn to not give a damn.

:)

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    I think you'll find more people who will ask "why kill a bobcat"? Than you will find who are itching to go out and kill one.

That same statement could apply to deer and ANY other animal also.

We all know the stance of the animal rights movement in this country right now.

Nothing but a bunch of kooks, so that statement is moot, IMO.

I could care less what they think.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I could care two craps less about my "position"

You want to believe lies then be my guest and knock yourself out.

46 years of being protected is WAY MORE than enough to get the species back on it's feet.

You dont care because you probably don't hunt or trap predators.

Typical, because it does not affect you, so you don't care.

Maybe one day when something dear to you is on the block and forbidden then you will suddenly give a crap.

Then it will be my turn to not give a damn.

:)

:laugh:

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    If you found a bobcat killing your dog or farm animals, would you kill it ?

Absolutely not. If DNR showed up and started asking questions I'd have to tell them about how the bobcat jumped head first into the burn barrel. Damnedest thing I've ever seen. My dog is family.

So you anti hunting regulation guys feel like you should be free to shoot a Bald Eagle, or Red Tail Hawk, or Horned Owl?

I wouldn't shoot one, but I do wonder what Bald Eagle tastes like.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Keep believing the lies.

It's your right

You don't need your guns either.

Thats another good one.

BlackWolf, you keep talking about lies, and a 46 year old law...This I find mildly interesting. What exactly are you saying? That because the bobcat has been protected in this state due to low numbers that this law is somehow part of a greater conspiracy??? bobcat season should be opened up because some people have finally started seeing them in this state again? I believe you were one of the people in the mountain lion thread talking about a conspiracy with them too. something about the DNR wanting to diminish the human food supply??? You seem to be combative, yet you haven't said what you're being combative against. you act as though you know something the rest of us don't. Please explain (particularly the part about mountain lions and bobcats.):popcorn:

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Quite simple.

There are plenty of bobcats in Indiana for them to open a season on.

46 years of protection has saw to that.

As for the ML hub bub, I was merely stating the views of some people and what others think what MIGHT be going on with the giant push to reintroduce/accomplished reintroduction of apex predators out west, in the midwest, new england and the southern applachia.

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Quite simple.

There are plenty of bobcats in Indiana for them to open a season on.

46 years of protection has saw to that.

As for the ML hub bub, I was merely stating the views of some people and what others think what MIGHT be going on.

Just what are the estimated numbers of bobcats here? I would love to see one or sign of one...What are the numbers in our nieghbor states an do any of them allow a season for bobcat?

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Just what are the estimated numbers of bobcats here? I would love to see one or sign of one...What are the numbers in our nieghbor states an do any of them allow a season for bobcat?

Thats hard to tell since many people either don't see them, don't report it, or don't care.

Since the popularity of game cams have come into play there are many many photoed now in Indiana every year. Many are also seen by deer and other hunters.

I have seen five myself in the last couple years and one was accidently trapped a few years ago not far from here.

The ones I saw were while I was working or roaming about in the car doing errands and not specifically looking for them or hunting.

Out of the states we border, ohio and illinois has no season, but from reports coming in they have plenty of cats as well.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Did a little research an seems KY an TN have bobcat hunting. DNR reports show a healthy rise in population, since the early 90's when it was believed to be very low.
    So seems after nearly 50 yrs of protection the bobcat really hasn't made a good come back until the last 20 yrs......hopefully they continue to increase an DNR can regulate a season on them. I've seen in other forums from guys out west that say they are also good eating........but reckon one can still eat the domestic cat until that day comes....

Top Bottom