MAIG, Moms Demand Action Release New Gun Control Ad.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    From the comment section:

This I agree with...
    PaulG
    Please explain what "reasonable" gun laws would have prevented Newtown.December 5, 2013 09:48 am at 9:48 am |

This I find almost comical. Especially since she admits the real reason...
    Dominican mama 4 Obama
    Good ad by the way.
    I commend Bloomberg and his organization for joining forces with MDAGS and not sugar-coating this NRA politically controlled issue.
    It is our children off their meds committing these heinous crimes and killing other people's children, and yet we let the most powerful organization in America, the NRA, tell us that we should not be making it more difficult for people to buy guns...
    Really?

December 5, 2013 09:44 am at 9:44 am |

Really! Yet, I find it interesting that the comment sections to the vids on youtube have been disable. Things that make you go, Hmmmm...:twocents:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    SMAMATSA (Soccer Moms And Mayors Against The Second Amendment) are at it again.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    It must be amazing to some people that generation after generation after generation of youths were raised without being forcefed behavior-altering pharmaceuticals.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    If the current laws would allow parents to parent like we were parented we wouldn't have all of these out of control children. In my opinion, this 'soccer mom/dad' generation is where all of these evil kids are coming from. They've never been punished, never learned right from wrong, etc.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    We allow psychiatric drugs to be prescribed to children without being seen by a psychiatrist. CVS Pharmacy (and the General Practitioner around the corner) have become the de-facto mental health treatment infrastructure in this country.

Why does it matter? Because youth is when we can identify the seriously disturbed individuals, before they do harm. But family general practitioners with a waiting room full of stuffy noses are not up to the task. It takes training and experience to figure out which kid out of 1,000 might possibly be dangerous.

Don't let Mommy bypass the psychiatrist and go straight from her family doctor's office to CVS for a bottle of happy pills for her kid. If we make her get that prescription from a health care provider actually licensed in the specialty of mental health, we'll start finding some of these individuals in time to do them some actual good.

Our present strategy of (Mommy + CVS) = failure, is stupid. When are we going to figure it out? This stuff didn't happen in the 1950s, or 60s, or 70s, or 80s. It started in the 90s. Why?

Antidepressants are not a long-term treatment strategy for serious emotional disturbance. I wish just one time, when Nasty Pelosi was in front of a camera, blaming the NRA...someone would ask her, "How much money do you get from the pharmaceutical companies?" The NRA has been around almost since the end of the Civil War. Antidepressants for kids, and school shootings, have not.

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It never ceases to amaze me that people are so stupid to believe another law would have prevented the shootings at Newtown or anywhere else. In regard to Newtown, murder is illegal, but that didn't stop him from committing 27 counts of murder. The guy committed over 46 felonies, yet these brainless do-gooders believe one more law would have made a difference?

The only reasonable firearm law was written into the constitution of the United States. Laws written to prevent criminals from using guns in the commission of crimes have proven not to work, so why not write more senseless laws to make these brain dead do-gooders feel happy.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    I knew they were up to old antics when Staples facebook page was getting posts from their minions. They must have let off for a while as the previous two days were pretty constant and today there was maybe two posts.

That's what I was wondering. Does anyone have a source for this?

joliverjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Whiteland
    If the current laws would allow parents to parent like we were parented we wouldn't have all of these out of control children. In my opinion, this 'soccer mom/dad' generation is where all of these evil kids are coming from. They've never been punished, never learned right from wrong, etc.
    Except that violent gun crime has been declining for about as long as those laws have been in effect. I realize that media coverage makes it look like there is more gun violence, but there hasn't been. It is actually one of the best arguments against gun control when someone wants to blame guns for crime. Crime in general is down. Judging by crime rate, there actually aren't more out of control children or people in general. There are fewer. Just google crime in America by year if you need more info. You can get it from the FBI website, too. They publish a ton of info on this.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Mothers Against Illegal Guns????? They should change their name to mothers trying to make all guns illegal. Would more accurately reflect their true mission.

I am against illegal guns and am pretty sure that most people on INGO are against them too. Well, guns in hands of people that want to do illegal things anyways.

Slowly but surely more types of guns have become illegal over the years and we need to remain vigilante against these groups and see to it that we lose no more ground.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    have their really been 26 school shootings since Newtown?

Wikipedia has a list of "school shootings." List of school shootings in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Their list includes incidents at colleges, suicides that happened at schools, gang & drug-related shootings at schools. They were definitely not all mass-shootings.

That list includes 20 incidents since Newtown.

MAIG probably topped their list off with a couple negligent discharges.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Except that violent gun crime has been declining for about as long as those laws have been in effect. I realize that media coverage makes it look like there is more gun violence, but there hasn't been. It is actually one of the best arguments against gun control when someone wants to blame guns for crime. Crime in general is down. Judging by crime rate, there actually aren't more out of control children or people in general. There are fewer. Just google crime in America by year if you need more info. You can get it from the FBI website, too. They publish a ton of info on this.

Correlation does not equal causation. Rather than just looking at raw data, an actual analysis of ALL societal forces needs to be examined. There are plenty of economists that have written about this.

There is a stronger link between abortion and violent crime than there is between gun laws and violent crime.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Its pretty obvious isn't it?

Folks that spout off about "Common sense gun laws" really want laws that take ALL guns away from the public, which the laws would not actually do anyways. To them, that's "common sense."

It's just rainbows and unicorns again.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom