• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    FWIW, I've been carrying a 7+1 single-stack 9mm for the past few years. When I dumped "All Things Glock" that little Ruger was the only "fighting pistol" I had, and frankly I think it's up to the job. Typically I keep a second 7rnd mag in a pants pocket, and I try to carry pepper spray when armed because I don' wanna shoot nobody.

I'm about to start carrying a 12+1 S&W subcompact 9mm that accepts 15 and 17rnd mags. In line with comments in this thread, I'll try carrying two 17rnd mags, downloaded to 15rnds. I won't miss the four extra rounds. If I can't do it with 43, I just can't do it.

Not sure what to believe in terms of mag spring longevity, but I choose the theory that magazines left loaded retain sufficient spring tension to function properly, indefinitely. Some say the S&W mags are made by Mec-Gar in Italy. I say you can't do better than Mec-Gar.

I saw a reply by an S&W representative to a typical 'Mag Spring Conundrum' question online. He stated that S&W mag springs are intended to last forever. =D Okay, but I still want some replacement springs...and followers.

Last edited:

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana

I watched it. Man, he put a lot holes in attacker #1. And I'm not sure that coup de grâce was necessary, but I guess he'll have no problems in Brazil, especially when he's thwarting a big robbery.

Here in what used to be the USA, some leftist DA would indict our hero for murder... November is coming. Drag everyone you know to the polls.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don’t know about legality. But in the real world, as non-LEO or military, people just don’t reload. The shooting stops when people either run out of ammo or the threat is otherwise no longer a threat. I would never tell a person not to carry a spare magazine, but that 16 round Glock makes a lot more sense then the 8 round 1911 plus an 8 round spare when the rubber meets the road. Keep in mind that my daily carry pistols are less then 10 rounds so I am not good at following my own advise.

Still working on facts vs rumor on a lot of things in the Greenwood Mall shooting. I seen somewhere it was reported that Eli was shooting a G48 and when the cops got there his pistol was at slide lock?

No report on whether Eli had an extra mag or not? If not, Eli was in an active shooter situation, with an empty gun. Not to take anything away from Eli's great shooting, level head to do it and preparedness, but would any of us want to be standing over a downed active shooter with an empty gun?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Still working on facts vs rumor on a lot of things in the Greenwood Mall shooting. I seen somewhere it was reported that Eli was shooting a G48 and when the cops got there his pistol was at slide lock?

No report on whether Eli had an extra mag or not? If not, Eli was in an active shooter situation, with an empty gun. Not to take anything away from Eli's great shooting, level head to do it and preparedness, but would any of us want to be standing over a downed active shooter with an empty gun?

I would not like an empty gun. I try not to run around without an extra magazine. But this proves my point. The shooting stopped when the gun was empty and or the threat ceased. An extra magazine would have been nice to top the gun back off.

Disclaimer, facts, hypothetical scenarios……….blah, blah………. Every situation is different and unique. Carry the biggest gun that you can shoot well and given your individual lifestyle restrictions. Nobody had ever complained about having to much ammo.

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    Most of us old 1911 guys were taught to hate Glocks for all the reasons. You just can't argue with the numbers though. Love 'em or hate 'em, Glock has the highest numbers out there in nearly, if not all of the categories. It'd be foolish to ignore this. As foolish to not train to be proficient with them. ;)
    I "embraced The Glock" for years, but no more. No doubt many individual buyers worldwide consider a Glock THE GUN for personal defense, but apparently a lot of Glock's sales numbers are the result of very shrewd and perhaps questionable contracts with governments and other institutional entities.

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    I have 10-15 mags for my SD platform (2 pistols). Reading some of the posts here re consumable items and future magazine bans has me thinking that I need to up my magazine count. I should probably liquidate one of my safe queens and put all the proceeds towards magazines and spare parts for magazines.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... this proves my point. The shooting stopped when the gun was empty and or the threat ceased...

I agree, my friend. That said, this happens most likey because either there was no extra ammo carried and or the carrier is not skilled at magazine changing.

Added to that, your average gun carrier, that is good at magazine changes and actually carries them, I would venture to say, is way less likely to find themselves in a gunfight. These folks are often trained, compete and are much more likely students of the gun/self defense that are situationally aware and conduct themselves in a fashion that exudes confidence and competence, rather than victim.

:twocents:

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    As our civil society becomes more and more subverted by "The Big Guy" and the radical Left across the board, that statistic is changing. There's rampant crime all over the place, in areas that had no violent crime (to speak of) prior to our current national crisis(es). Effectively, there are no "safe neighborhoods" at this point. Even out in the countryside people are becoming addicted to drugs and turning to crime in their moral decay and in support of their addictions.

Yeah, gonna have to buy more magazines.
    I’m in the countryside, you don’t have a clue. My EDC here is a belly gun n a 22 or 38 on the feed cart. We don’t have druggies, or dealers, or thugs.

Tip: Go to the bank, barrow a quarter, and buy a clue. Where I live “is most assuredly a safe neighborhood”. JMO

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    I’m in the countryside, you don’t have a clue. My EDC here is a belly gun n a 22 or 38 on the feed cart. We don’t have druggies, or dealers, or thugs.

Tip: Go to the bank, barrow a quarter, and buy a clue. Where I live “is most assuredly a safe neighborhood”. JMO
    So where you live is the ENTIRE "countryside"? Apparently your only concern is a fear of whatever you're feeding: pigs, ducks, chipmunks? And your level of concern has you carrying a 22LR "bellie gun." Sounds like serious business to me. =O

You buy a clue, Clem. If you actually had a clue, you'd know there are meth amphetamine catastrophies, oxycodone catastrophies, fentanyl catastrophies all over "the countryside," and as a result, crime is on the rise in places that had little to no crime before. Ah, but not in your little slice of heaven somewhere in Indiana. Lucky you.

Last edited:

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    So where you live is the ENTIRE "countryside"? Apparently your only concern is a fear of whatever you're feeding: pigs, ducks, chipmunks? And your level of concern has you carrying a 22LR "bellie gun." Sounds like serious business to me. =O

You buy a clue, Clem. If you actually had a clue, you'd know there are meth amphteamine catastrophies, oxycodone catastrophies, fentanyl catastrophies all over "the countryside," and as a result, crime is on the rise in places that had little to no crime before. Ah, but not in your little slice of heaven somewhere in Indiana. Lucky you.
    Um, OK. Let’s see how that attitude works out for you, Mortimer.

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    No links. Heard a discussion on radio about how the Biden Admin is working hard to do away with citizen gun ownership, while at the same time arming up all kinds of federal agencies that never had any need for arms and ammunition before. Crazy big expenditures for weaponry that you would never imagine for some of these government entities. They mentioned Glock in particular, and how these contracts are massively beneficial to Glock's sales figures and bottom line.

So Glock (and others) is selling guns to Americans, and at the same time working closely with the government that is arming up against Americans and wants to steal our guns. Typical of Glock, Inc sez I.

Also mentioned was how these agencies may be looking to avoid involving local law enforcement when they come to "arrest you." Local LE tends to have a calming effect leading to negotiation in such instances, but that might not be what the enforcement wing of these newly armed agencies have in mind. Looks like maybe these militarized agencies want total control of what happens, and total control of the information about what happens. NO NEWS FOR U, AMERIKAN PEASANT!

Gee, kinda sounds like what happened in the "Waco Massacre" under Clinton, who imposed an "assault weapons" ban...kinda like what Biden's trying to do now.

Do some research. You'll see.

Last edited:

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    No links. Heard a discussion on radio about how the Biden Admin is working hard to do away with citizen gun ownership, while at the same time arming up all kinds of federal agencies that never had any need for arms and ammunition before. Crazy big expenditures for weaponry that you would never imagine for some of these government entities. They mentioned Glock in particular, and how these contracts are massively beneficial to Glock's sales figures and bottom line.

Also mentioned was how these agencies may be looking to avoid involving local law enforcement when they come to "arrest you." Local LE tends to have a calming effect leading to negotiation in such instances, but that might not be what the enforcement wing of these newly armed agencies have in mind...

Gee, kinda sounds like what happened in the "Waco Massacre" under Clinton, who imposed an "assault weapons" ban...kinda like what Biden's trying to do now.

Do some research. You'll see.
    Um, = ?
    Links= ?
    Source= ?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Do some research. You'll see.

It's not my claim to back up, my friend. It was your words that I questioned for some authentication. It's not my job to search out what you believe might be true. I asked for you to back up your words.

A reminder of what you claimed...

...apparently a lot of Glock's sales numbers are the result of very shrewd and perhaps questionable contracts with governments and other institutional entities.

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    It's not my claim to back up, my friend. It was your words that I questioned for some authentication. It's not my job to search out what you believe might be true. I asked for you to back up your words.

A reminder of what you claimed...
    I don't have to back it up. Do your own research. If you don't believe what I wrote...don't believe it.

Go back and re-read the post you quoted. I added a couple of points before I read your latest post. If that doesn't give you a basis for YOUR OWN research, you're just not trying.

Again. If you're interested, do your own research.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom