• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    The M1 was one of my must own guns along with a 91/30 and M44. It is a thrill to shoot and to just own. I had offers to buy it after I walked 10 feet from the table I had just bought it from.

i have all 3 of the firearms you mentioned.the only issue with these are you buy 1,then you gotta buy another,then another,then another.but who really cares.i can honestly say i would take any of these 3 rifles over an AR anyday.only main issue with the m1 carbine is the lack of ammo availible.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    i have all 3 of the firearms you mentioned.the only issue with these are you buy 1,then you gotta buy another,then another,then another.but who really cares.i can honestly say i would take any of these 3 rifles over an AR anyday.only main issue with the m1 carbine is the lack of ammo availible.

I've had no luck at at commercial stores, but everytime I come home from the 1500 I've got a few hundred rounds of milsurp or a few hundred rounds of commercial stuff...I usually get ball, but I've been buying SP rounds lately.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I sure hope they weren't war bring backs that weren't registered...:n00b:

I'd still take em' if they were!!! They'd just be confiscated by some computer nerd at ATF and destroyed, no way. Plus, the guy with them would get burned alive for it either way, for turning them in OR for getting caught with them.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    I currently own 3 carbines and I love them. I bought a nice little shooter for $400 at a gun show a few years ago and have never regretted it. Got another one from the CMP earlier this year. And most recently I bought a nice Plainfield one from Bradis. It has the collapsable stock and it appears to all be GI parts so I think it was one of their early ones. The wood is perfect and so is the metal. It looks like it had been shot very little.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I just got 4 KCI .30 carbine mags in from UPS earlier today. Gonna do a little review of them next week. They are anti-tilt; and, from what I have experienced from KCI Glock mags ( I have 15 of them) they should work great.

My KCI G19 mags have all ran. In fact, I'm taking them to a pistol class tomorrow I believe in them that much.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    i really like the m1 carbines.im not lucky enough to own one of the older ones.i have the universal m1 carbine.i know its no know up to par with an inland,winchester,rockola,ibm etc..but its a hoot to shoot.ammo is a little tough to get ahold of sometimes.usually have to resort to buying reloads but oh well.

or you can have a very early universal with all gi surplus parts.....mine is amazing to shoot, incredibly accurate, and wonderful condition

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I just got 4 KCI .30 carbine mags in from UPS earlier today. Gonna do a little review of them next week. They are anti-tilt; and, from what I have experienced from KCI Glock mags ( I have 15 of them) they should work great.

My KCI G19 mags have all ran. In fact, I'm taking them to a pistol class tomorrow I believe in them that much.

Cool. Looking forward to the review. I always try to find a couple of USGI mags when I'm out, but finding mags in real good shape is getting just a tad harder to do.

Is KCI also making .30 carbine ammo? I saw some .30 carbine at the last Kokomo show being sold in 50 round cardboard boxes that looked just like the ammo issued back when the carbine was in service, but it was new production stuff. I forget who was making it.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Cool. Looking forward to the review. I always try to find a couple of USGI mags when I'm out, but finding mags in real good shape is getting just a tad harder to do.

Is KCI also making .30 carbine ammo? I saw some .30 carbine at the last Kokomo show being sold in 50 round cardboard boxes that looked just like the ammo issued back when the carbine was in service, but it was new production stuff. I forget who was making it.

I have no idea, didn't know they made any ammo at all. :dunno:

Top Bottom