• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The Greatest M1 Carbine Accessory ever, about 30 Pounds with out the Battery Electronics box

The M1 under all that crap is an 1945 Inland with a 1945 barrel.

fdavpf.jpg

35jgn7q.jpg

Wow! How many channels can you pull in with that thing?? ;)

But seriously, after hearing you talk about this one, it's nice to see it. I wasn't sure what to expect.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I think a lot of those went to work for Thrush during the Man from U.N.C.L.E. days...they just painted them silver and had them make weird noises.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/uncle_gun/4222445328/?rb=1

Well, I guess maybe inspired by...

The Full m1 scope was only used once on Man from UNCLE -- in the Iowa Scuba affair

Skip to about 25 mins (warning commercials)

The Man From UNCLE S01E02.The.Iowa-Scuba.Affair - Video Dailymotion

After that they used a much cheaper & lighter mockup and left movie magic do the work

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The Full m1 scope was only used once on Man from UNCLE -- in the Iowa Scuba affair

After that they used a much cheaper & lighter mockup and left movie magic do the work

Thanks, I thought I saw it on there...been watching the whole series with the family. They obviously picked up a lot of surplus weapons to film that show (and mutilated more than a few of them).

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Here is an Saginaw SG M1 with a bunch of late date parts.

The sling is the rarely seen Vietnam issue nylon sling. The Bayonet is the Conetta M4 produced in the very late 60s

marvinthearvincarbine.jpg

Pretty much a dead nuts ARVN M1 Carbine. Never been fired and only been dropped once! LOL

The M1 Carbine with the night vision scope is correctly called the M3 Carbine. Hence why the current AR carbine is called the M4.

They took a couple early M3 carbines to Okinawa. They really lit the living hell out of the Japs with them at night.
    http://weaponsman.com/?p=4192

Last edited:

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    When it came time to add a M1 Carbine to the collection, it had to be IBM. I've made a decent living for 30 some years on their equipment.

I found this one, it is a post war rebuild; but, it has original barrel and mostly IBM subcontracted innards. About 10 years ago I bought it off of GunBroker and thought I had way over bid...now, not so much.

IBM1943M1Carbine01_zps07bf01b9.jpg

Who do you suppose has this one???
    IwoJimaM1Carbine.jpg

Attachments

• IwoJimaM1Carbine.jpg
      IwoJimaM1Carbine.jpg
      65.5 KB · Views: 2

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    The neat thing on the M2 Scopes of WW II the carbines had to be made special to hold the system and called a T-3. These units are beyond cool looking with their Infrared lights mounted under the stock.

One of the neat improvements of the M3 scopes was that in theory you could mount the scope on any existing M1 OR M2 carbine with little/minor in the field modifications.

Fight at Night: U.S Army Night Vision 1945-1980

Last edited:
    Top Bottom