• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    What bet did you lose to get the tickets?

Haha!! You'd think so right?!

Got em free....50ish yard line, tenth row! So I said screw it why not!

But I'm not likin these responses! I definitely don't want to have to walk back to the car if they tap it, so maybe it will get left in the glove box :xmad:.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Any updates on this? Got some tickets to Sunday's game, wondering how easy it would be to CC a USPc... small of back or something

Are knives still OK or will they take those too? Last resort, I have a pair of hard-plastic knuckle-dusters... :P

This!!

I have tickets to this Sundays game too, taking my little brother and would like to be able to carry (ankle).

I'll be there also. I'm going to attempt to carry my G19. Most likely appendix carry. We'll see what the patdowns look like when I get to the gate. I went to a game last year and they just let me through without a patdown or anything.:dunno:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Update: The security-gate "frisks" were pathetic. Small-of-back was 100% safe. The security guy to my right was doing his entire pat down in under 2 seconds, just rushing people through.

No worries at all.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    While I dislike the pat downs and would rather be allowed to freely carry my firearm into a game, have any of you actually considered the consequences of firing on someone in a crowded place like a football stadium? How could you possibly be sure of your backstop with that many people around? The chances of things going spectacularly bad are almost as good as the colts going 0-16 this season. Self defense in a situation like that goes far beyond a firearm. Yes I know, we would all only fire if it was the last option but I hope none of us ever has to do that.

Pardon the thread hijack.

On topic, I doubt the "security" personnel doing the pat downs really wants to do them either. Thus the wide array of good and horrible checks.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    While I dislike the pat downs and would rather be allowed to freely carry my firearm into a game, have any of you actually considered the consequences of firing on someone in a crowded place like a football stadium? How could you possibly be sure of your backstop with that many people around? The chances of things going spectacularly bad are almost as good as the colts going 0-16 this season. Self defense in a situation like that goes far beyond a firearm. Yes I know, we would all only fire if it was the last option but I hope none of us ever has to do that.
    Actually yes I do consider the consequences. Having had to fire into crowds on several occasions I am uniquely and firmly aware of the consequences.

I won't bag on you for being a Nancy-Boy though...
    On topic, I doubt the "security" personnel doing the pat downs really wants to do them either. Thus the wide array of good and horrible checks.
    This is the reason I prefer to Carry. I like when Security is so haphazardly performed...

Just another reason I choose not to patronize the Colts or the Stadium...

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

I'm not overly concerned while IN THE STADIUM, although it is a slight possibility, it is on my way to and from the stadium that concerns me, especially for a night game. But, since I can't afford Colts tickets, it's not a real concern. I pay them enough via taxation, I figure they can survive without the extra income they are missing by my absence.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Take a look at the people you pass on the way to and from the stadium, and it is quite obvious why one would want to have a firearm available. Downtown Indy is not a friendly looking place. I work in Chicago and the situations are similar. I wonder if the powers that be are going to try to mitigate some of the intimidating situations fot the period right before the Super Bowl.

I actually got a reasonably thorough pat down on Sunday. I probably should not have asked the guy if he planned to molest me.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Same, it's mostly the walk to and from the stadium. I get tickets from work, so price isn't an issue, and they're typically Suite tickets with groups that I know.

I carried to an Indians game because it was very late, and I park on the Circle.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Actually yes I do consider the consequences. Having had to fire into crowds on several occasions I am uniquely and firmly aware of the consequences.

I won't bag on you for being a Nancy-Boy though...

This is the reason I prefer to Carry. I like when Security is so haphazardly performed...

Just another reason I choose not to patronize the Colts or the Stadium...

Are you saying that you have actually fired into a crowd on several occasions? Would love to know the circumstances on that.

Top Bottom