• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Look into your Frog Lube a little deeper now that it's cold as ballz outside!

After leaving my gun in a locked box in my car during the recent 0 degree temps, the slide felt stiff to the pull and I've only applied just a bit of Froglube. It does work well enough. I would need to actually test it out.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    After leaving my gun in a locked box in my car during the recent 0 degree temps, the slide felt stiff to the pull and I've only applied just a bit of Froglube. It does work well enough. I would need to actually test it out.

2 yrs ago my buddy I work with and I went to the range at Winamac. It was about 25 degrees outside and his Sig was having issues. We found out the frog lube was the cause of his light strikes and stiff slide.

I only use NSN 9150-01-053-6688, or CLP for you civilians. I had 5yrs experience with it in cold and desert conditions with no issues, and I like the smell. The place I order it from milsurp also sells LSA, and LAW among other oils, and milsurp stuff.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Frog Lube has shown itself to be less than stellar in very cold temps/climates. As soon as you shoot enough to "warm " it up, it seems to do better. Many instances of failure in cold temps with FL, which led to a lot of folks dumping it for a more ALL weather/all purpose Lube.

Top Bottom