• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    They could also find a way to use the things he owns to fit the bill, but if LA allowed it I think that's their own problem. Two sides to it. It's not like they are fiscally responsible, or they would never be where they are in the first place.

quiggly

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Noblesville
    Funny thing about this. When they were doing the announcement for planning this, the reporters there asked the very question... Who is going to pay for the overtime of police officials.

The lady was very clear... She said something like the following....
    "The city has budgeted monies to cover police overtime for 'extraordinary' events. We are considering this one of those events. That being said, we do not have money budgeted for things like trash pickup and other ancillary things. If you would like to donate this or discuss it my email address is.....xxxyyy@la.org" or something like that.

This was very clear in the address to the press before it all happened.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Los Angeles just needs to fall off into the oceon! Sorry if anybody has relatives living there.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Los Angeles just needs to fall off into the oceon! Sorry if anybody has relatives living there.

Funny you should mention that . . .
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...cle=1&catnum=0

Mysterious tremors detected on San Andreas Fault
    Jul 9 02:01 PM US/Eastern
    By ALICIA CHANG
    AP Science Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Scientists have detected a spike in underground rumblings on a section of California's San Andreas Fault that produced a magnitude-7.8 earthquake in 1857.

What these mysterious vibrations say about future earthquakes is far from certain. But some think the deep tremors suggest underground stress may be building up faster than expected and may indicate an increased risk of a major temblor.

Researchers at the University of California, Berkeley, monitored seismic activity on the fault's central section between July 2001 and February 2009 and recorded more than 2,000 tremors. The tremors lasted mere minutes to nearly half an hour.

Unlike earthquakes, tremors occur deeper below the surface and the shaking lasts longer.

During the study period, two strong earthquakes hit—a magnitude-6.5 in 2003 and a magnitude-6.0 a year later. Scientists noticed the frequency of the tremors doubled after the 2003 quake and jumped six-fold after 2004.

Tremor episodes persist today. Though the frequency of tremors have declined since 2004, scientists are still concerned because they are still at a level that is twice as high as before the 2003 quake.

The team also recorded unusually strong rumblings days before the 2004 temblor.

Results of the research appear in Friday's issue of the journal Science. The work was funded by the U.S. Geological Survey and National Science Foundation.

"The fact that the tremors haven't gone down means the time to the next earthquake may come sooner," said Berkeley seismologist and lead researcher Robert Nadeau.

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    Funny you should mention that . . .
    Bill Hicks said it best...

I used to love to call L.A. when I lived in New York: What are y'all doin'? Talking to TV producers, huh? Bummer. Me? I'm reading a book! Yeah, we're thinkin' back East. Yeah, we're evolving. Is that the Big One I hear in the background? Bye you lizard scum! Bye! (whoosh) Ha ha ha ha! It's gone, it's gone, it's gone. It's gone. All the *poopy* shows are gone, all the idiots screamin' in the *flippin'* wind are dead, I love it.
    Leaving nothing but a cool, beautiful serenity called . . . Arizona Bay.

*'s for "fixed" language.

Top Bottom