• Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Good ol' 4D chess. :xmad:

N7BKcjn7b85CBLCUXlGGi_YqqIvCGr4RRXsThQNwhqD36WGiPfkIbKIZexeC1qGoA0BQIjfGLeKrmH-xgwcB4ghiEPs_fS2qVFXThrzMgB6sWobTj4zqoCLh3UmZnvDb3kLyuAVIHrDIjcN5fAyag5V60V1jUYYDg3i_xAJoLLSp8nhWgLzC6uSNGPaV_wTnga-QTA8sLqGYsrSRqwvDWpWgek8PYCZOZ54kTHKvT81vZCZ1FmcaqBJN9IqPt_6x2CYAsbAyVPiXVogB5it5lGCYdDQ-Fhsd4O2dECLN4S1Dnoz3AYrlkJFYfkhT-Z7HGsJ45T8iTodCXntuaxAty5ayKFMNFCCyMkfmNWQRJ8p_0dyiWPYI-wx5xq0a7aHKJfR3omMCF6f6FeWYvSPQhpsE3aTLtPXt3Z15mv3VFAzMXxmZse2C1evJiZvRnpuYiER_U56qOtRQyYTEggsfgAdshgStjMbatUETa29vU1DQyDAbznz54QDbIswKzD8Ftgznw1RlU4aRW_AD0uFWKOs82EshV2l-qzfSPlnILQX6l34u3XGVsHcMow5OWum_HJDPvc163ooe_WC7Lkp3Ex4P4Qlu6jNdw_gECKNztYePuj4xe4EgLs4ZIaZb58lzDxJrKnAK1TvOuG0b_dz8J7JSQA=w575-h862-no

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The boomer generation is the ones who gave our gun rights away in the 80's and 90's. Its certainly not the X or millennials doing it now. If anything generation X and early millenials are some of the strongest gun right supporters you will ever meet. I'm X and my generation is the first one to grow up in the era of firearm training and classes and shooting sports geared towards self defense like never before. Pre 80's that stuff didnt exist and didnt start being mainstream for civilians really till the 90's. So unless you were a cop or a soldier you probably didnt know your firearm from your ******* and even then barely unless you were "special". The era of more people than ever before carrying a firearm and going to the range is MY generation, generation X. We grew up shooting and buying AR's and glocks and wont be giving up ****. Also they wont be coming to the nursing home to get ours. Old ****ers always wanna point and say "those punk kids"
    Well some of those punk kids are bad asses and have already faught in over 15 years of war in real life and arent wimps who just say things and sit and do nothing while Congress passes AWB's
    ****s gonna get real, real fast. You have congressmen and senators who are part of that generation too now and they are willing to die before they surrender them. Thank God for men such as these.
    We arent a nation of pusses like we became after WWII.
    Well some are but look what generation they belong too mostly, children of the 60's, 70,s, late millenials.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The boomer generation is the ones who gave our gun rights away in the 80's and 90's. Its certainly not the X or millennials doing it now. If anything generation X and early millenials are some of the strongest gun right supporters you will ever meet. I'm X and my generation is the first one to grow up in the era of firearm training and classes and shooting sports geared towards self defense like never before. Pre 80's that stuff didnt exist and didnt start being mainstream for civilians really till the 90's. So unless you were a cop or a soldier you probably didnt know your firearm from your ******* and even then barely unless you were "special". The era of more people than ever before carrying a firearm and going to the range is MY generation, generation X. We grew up shooting and buying AR's and glocks and wont be giving up ****. Also they wont be coming to the nursing home to get ours. Old ****ers always wanna point and say "those punk kids"
    Well some of those punk kids are bad asses and have already faught in over 15 years of war in real life and arent wimps who just say things and sit and do nothing while Congress passes AWB's

I will say this (and I am a Gen Xer myself, or possibly that new name they came up with, Xennial, which sounds stupid), Gen Xer and Millenial gun owners are way, way less likely to be Fudds. There may be fewer gun owners, as a percentage of the population in their age range, but I think they are probably more dedicated to protecting all gun rights, not just whatever arbitrary limits some older gun owners want to put out there ("well, my bolt gun and shotgun are okay, but why does anyone need an AR-15")

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I will say this (and I am a Gen Xer myself, or possibly that new name they came up with, Xennial, which sounds stupid), Gen Xer and Millenial gun owners are way, way less likely to be Fudds. There may be fewer gun owners, as a percentage of the population in their age range, but I think they are probably more dedicated to protecting all gun rights, not just whatever arbitrary limits some older gun owners want to put out there ("well, my bolt gun and shotgun are okay, but why does anyone need an AR-15")
    They can have mine when I'm dead. Period. That's not a threat. Thats constitutional. Thats freedom. A birthright that my ancestors fought and died to give me and I will not discrace their sacrifices by turning my rights over. They are not mine to give. I am an American. The right to keep and bear arms shall not be Infringed. I am not afraid to proudly say it. I have obeyed the laws my entire life. I have lived as a good citizen as best I can, do not tread on my rights

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hell I dont even have a bump stock. I could give a **** less if I ever seen a bump stock. But if I did have one they could kiss my ass. I will stand up for anyone who has one. I look forward to the govt getting their asses handed to them in court over it

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hell I dont even have a bump stock. I could give a **** less if I ever seen a bump stock. But if I did have one they could kiss my ass. I will stand up for anyone who has one. I look forward to the govt getting their asses handed to them in court over it

“You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Trigger Time again.”

Somebody get him for me, please.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Agreed. I get tired of the people who say "you can't hunt with an AR" I work with a bunch of Fudds who are perfectly ok restricting any and everything as long as they can still hunt.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Agreed. I get tired of the people who say "you can't hunt with an AR" I work with a bunch of Fudds who are perfectly ok restricting any and everything as long as they can still hunt.

Even though you CAN hunt with one.
    Depends on what you're hunting.
    Plenty of examples on the internet.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I wanna make it clear, I'm not bashing everyone from other generations. Just like everyone in mine arent perfect like me ;)
    But SO FAR my generation hasnt given away any rights any I dont plan on it myself and I wont be raising fudds for kids either. Country and history came before their letters! Theyre doing great in all 3

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I wanna make it clear, I'm not bashing everyone from other generations. Just like everyone in mine arent perfect like me ;)
    But SO FAR my generation hasnt given away any rights any I dont plan on it myself and I wont be raising fudds for kids either. Country and history came before their letters! Theyre doing great in all 3

This started before the baby boomers. Gun control and the general idea of "you don't need that to hunt deer" started way before us baby boomers came along. (I'm at the tail end of the BB age group). This is the effect of progressive era thinking and it affects republicans and democrats.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They can have mine when I'm dead. Period. That's not a threat. Thats constitutional. Thats freedom. A birthright that my ancestors fought and died to give me and I will not discrace their sacrifices by turning my rights over. They are not mine to give. I am an American. The right to keep and bear arms shall not be Infringed. I am not afraid to proudly say it. I have obeyed the laws my entire life. I have lived as a good citizen as best I can, do not tread on my rights

Wait, I thought you said your ancestors (or their generation at least) were a bunch of ******* and Fudds? :scratch: :stickpoke:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Ah, okay... didn't read ahead to see that you qualified your earlier statement. ;)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We have to raise our kids that there is zero compromise on the second amendment. It's not us good citizens that are the problem. Never has been.
    Just more attempts by government to control and divide us

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We have to raise our kids that there is zero compromise on the second amendment. It's not us good citizens that are the problem. Never has been.
    Just more attempts by government to control and divide us

You're right about raising kids. And what I'm about to say is nuance but it's important: us good citizens are the ones that vote for the government officials that create and enact anti-2A laws. Typically, it's not some politician just deciding on his/her own to offer and vote for these things. No, their positions on these issues are normally well known before they ever get elected. And it's us that vote them into office. Not necessarily me or you but us in the general sense...it's the general us that is the problem.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

^^^This is my experience as well^^^

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You're right about raising kids. And what I'm about to say is nuance but it's important: us good citizens are the ones that vote for the government officials that create and enact anti-2A laws. Typically, it's not some politician just deciding on his/her own to offer and vote for these things. No, their positions on these issues are normally well known before they ever get elected. And it's us that vote them into office. Not necessarily me or you but us in the general sense...it's the general us that is the problem.
    True. We need more people to take an active roll in government. This is why the Democrats stomp the Republicans a lot. They mobilize their base. And their base stays vocal and active past the election.
    I wish we had a strong third party again in this country. The Democrats and Republicans would fight a war to keep it from happening

Top Bottom