• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr. Killshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Lebanon
    I'm looking to buy my 7-year-old daughter an air rifle for her B-day. Looking for a recommendation on what to buy. So far what I have seen at Walmart and Dick's feel cheap. They may be decent...but I don't want a $100 piece of garbage. Looking to spend around a $100. If I have to spend more I can. Anyone been here and have any advice?

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I had a mostly plastic single pump Daisy when I was a kid. It is about 23 years old and still works like the day I bought it. It was cheap but it shot pretty well. I would not underestimate the cheap Daisy's for a 7 year old.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I have a couple of Crossman air rifles, they pump....no CO2. They are 10 or 15 years old and they shoot great. Benjamin is another pretty good brand as well. Good luck and HAVE FUN!

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    In the last six months I have bought both a pellet pistol and rifle. I do all my business with Pyramyd Air in Cleveland. Great selection and fair prices. If you order before noon you get your items the next day. Anything over $100 is free shipping. If you order four tins of ammo the fourth is free. I deal with Greg at extension 252. Great guy... :yesway:

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I like the Sheridan Blue Streak. I have one in .20 cal I have had a number of years now. Over they years had a number of them. The more you shoot them the more accurate they seem to get.

Only problem is they are about twice what you are wanting to spend. But they will last for years.

Coltguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    My girl is 9, she enjoys shooting sports and she started w/ her fateful daisy Red Rider. She's moved up to a lot faster rifle, but she still shoots the Daisy. She has decided to shoot in 4H this year, proud poppa.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    FWIW, My 13 year old still shoots the Red Rider my cool neighbor got him for Christmas a few years back even though he's now in love with his .22lr pistol and rifle. Can't always go to the range and there's fun to be had in the back yard.
    I have a Daisy - powerline 880 I think... pump style, not the new fangled break pump.
    They still sell them -saw one at sports authority - and I've had it over 20 years. It is "cheap" in the grand scheme of things and a solid starter pellet gun in my opinion.
    -d

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    i paid something like 30 dollars for my daisy at dunhams, gets squirrels fine. takes up to 10 pumps. just dont leave it pumped or else it will break

mhs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    What he says...

I like the Sheridan Blue Streak. I have one in .20 cal I have had a number of years now. Over they years had a number of them. The more you shoot them the more accurate they seem to get.

Only problem is they are about twice what you are wanting to spend. But they will last for years.

I got my last one at a pawn shop for $70.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I would agree with the Crosman brand or the Sheridan brand, and keep them lubed according to instructions. If you get one with the rifled barrel, it should shoot pellets with good accuracy at reasonable distances.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Crossman American Classic. I have only bought one but wore out three while I was growing up. On my fourth now. Each time I wore out the seal I sent it to Crossman and they sent me a brand new one free of charge. I have killed everything from Sparrows to Muskrats with it. Too many turtles to count. Awesome gun!

Dr. Killshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Lebanon
    I guess you have me feeling nostalgic...my first BB gun was a Red Ryder. I suppose it wouldn't be a bad move. If it turns out that she is not interested in shooting then I'm only out $35....but then again I won't really be out anything because I will still own the most iconic BB gun known to man. But if she likes it and wants to go to the next level you guys have given me some good advice. Thanks, Dr. Killshot

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    "Santa" brought my 7 yr. old a Daisy Buck, lever action. He might have a bit of trouble cocking it until it gets some use, but I've promised him I'll build him a nice target/catch to shoot at in the back yard. It's not a bad place to start.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    bsasupersport600.jpg

I have an early .22 cal BSA Supersport that I would like to get $150 out of, If that strikes the young things fancy.

They usually sell in the 300s, but for the young thing I can make an exception :)

PM me if interested.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I had my 7 year old try my old Daisy (same size as a Red Ryder) but it’s a bit too big for him so I got a Daisy Buck and he is doing pretty good with it and loves to shoot it. I got a Beeman for myself at the same time and we have a blast shooting our air rifles.

Top Bottom