• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    So let's say you register a TC Encore frame as a SBR, but you later want to swap the bbl on your stocked sbr frame with a 26 inch long VR Shotgun bbl, have you just made a illegal SBS because of the frame being registered as a SBR or does it resort back to it's original none registered condition when not being used as registered ???? Just wondering what our NFA guys on here think about this... I know I would have to have a letter written to the powers that be but what do you guys think about this ???

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    With both the contender pistol/rifle and the encore pistol/rifles there is just to many issues in my opinion to make matters worse by involving a NFA stamp.

I have 3 contender frames two registered as pistols and one as a rifle I also have a couple of 410 barrels and a smoke pole barrel. I keep the rifle barrels with the rifle and the pistol barrels with the pistol frames and have separate hard shell cases for both. I think there was a court case involving the TC lineup and now all encore and contender frames are registered as pistols since they can be made into pistols. I nevcer really got the full story on how the court case was settled/
    Get this the super 16 barrels I own can be legally used as rifle and pistol barrels. Sometimes they change hard cases but normally just stay with the rifle case.

This is coming from a tc conteder fan. Someone else should speak up for the NFA side.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Don;t even get me started on the folding stock they sell from ramline. You can't use the 16 inch rifle barrel with it because it does not meet minimum length but with a 18 inch barrel you are legal again. So you have to watch frame length barrel length frame register as, NFA stamp and and shotgun overall length.

Longshot308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Westfield, In
    You might call NFA Branch and ask your questions: (304) 616 4538; They normally do not ask for your ID; They might refer you to the Technology Branch; Probably give you a verbal opinion-or guideline-but that is what it is-an opinion. It is very difficult to get it in writing. It is very important to fill out the paperwork to reflect the calibers etc. correctly when you submit the original documents.

Top Bottom