• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    The Ruger LCR is too new to have many opinions out there. Ruger has a reputation of building solid ,reliable products. When buying any hand gun, keep in mind your intended use. A 4" medium frame revolver is a great all around gun. Small frame gus are light and easy to conceal but will exhibit more recoil and be somewhat harder to shoot accuratly for target work. This is especially true of 357 mag loads. The SP-101 is a fine pistol but is designed for small size and light weight, a carry gun. It is between the S&W J-frame (36,0442, 642 etc.) and K-frame (model 10, 19 ...). The Ruger GP-100 is similar to the S&W L-frame (686). These are heiver and made to stand up to thousands of full house mag. loads. Their weight helps steady the hold and absorb some of the recoil. With 38 SPL loads, they barely have any recoil. Dounside for carry is the weight and larger size. The GP-100 is an absolute tank and should last many lifetimes. Their trigger is easy to smooth up and they have a unique grip mount that allows using a greater number of grip styles than does the S&W. I have had J frames, K frames, L frames and GP-100. All were excellent quality and performed well. You should try as many as you can before deciding.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Get a Smith and Wesson 36 for your first revolver. Compact and shoots 38 special. :D If you want something lighter in weight, get a Smith and Wesson 37.:cool:

LoveMyRuger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Southside Indy
    Get a Smith and Wesson 36 for your first revolver. Compact and shoots 38 special. :D If you want something lighter in weight, get a Smith and Wesson 37.:cool:

There is a gorgeous 1955 S&W 36 at Beech Grove Firearms...I've had my eye on it for a little while. Since I have three revolvers I don't TRULY need it so hopefully someone will buy it before I get around to it!!

Top Bottom