• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lhltr87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    yeah the 10/22 or the 597 are all good. got one of each but many more options for the 10/22. maybe a .17 would be good for ya but not as cheap to shoot

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    400 bucks.... at least thats what i have been seeing.... maybe just a tad over three if you find a good deal.... act fast CZ just raised their prices... hurry and you can jump on one at the older lower pricing.

squisher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    + another on the Glenfield/Marlin 60. They're tube-fed, but my father has one and it's a pretty sweet shooter with a very handsome wood stock.

I inherited a basic Winchester .22 (not sure on the model) from my grandfather and it's not half the gun my dad's Marlin is. (I used to have a problem where the barrel would work loose of the receiver -- I think I finally have that fixed so it seems to be better, but it still isn't as reliable as the Marlin).

10/22's seem to be very popular, so I'd imagine it would be a good one to pickup as well, but I've only shot the Marlin and the Winchester (and an $1800 Savage that a friend of mine owns. Match grade everything = TINY groups...but...$1800? I'll have an AR at that price).

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Are you looking to scope it or use open sights? I use a 10/22 with a scope to hunt small game. I really don't care for the sights on a 10/22. I prefer the open sights on a Henry 22 or Marlin Model 60. I like the bigger sights with a hooded front if I go with open sights.

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    You wont be sorry about the mkii fantastic gun! Which model did you get BVT is the one I own and can't be happier

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I like the Marlin Model 25. Bolt action accuracy, plus, you can shoot cb shorts and not scare every squirrel for 50 acres, you really dont have to worry much about "it likes such and such ammo", will be able to select ammo for the hunt or range. Hope that muddied the water up for ya!:cheers:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom