• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrclean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    With spring around the corner just wondering what you wear for boots. I love keen boots. Anyone else wear them and if not what do you wear? Im wearing keen Siskiyou Mid WP. Very good fit and comfort. Waterproof and love the look. Run about half a size small. Check um out.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I wear Keen sandals in the warmer weather and Dunham hikers in the cold...........There is no end to top quality footwear if you willing to spend a few bucks...

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    The Keens I have seem to be lackluster boot, and they don't fit very well even after getting them broken in. I thought they might work in better, but they don't. It's probably my feet instead of the boots as far as fit goes, but the sole is starting to come off in less than a year with only occasional use.

A pair of Merrell Moabs I have seem to be a little better, but not by much. They seem to be holding up OK.

The ones I have tried on that fit and feel the best are Lowa Renegades. Now that's a super boot and probably next one of the list.

What I've learned about boots is; if they feel just a little off for any reason, don't get them expecting them to fit better when broken in. I would have been money ahead to wait until I tried the Lowa's and just got them instead.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    for warm weather i have recently gotten into the "barefoot" type footwear. i just picked up a pair of fila skeletoes and they are awesome. so far i have only done some walks through eagle creek and Fort Harrison, but i would have to say that they are some of the most comfortable things i have put on my feet.
    check them out
    6848563.jpg

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I wear and have 4 pairs of vibram fivefingers(the originators!) and they are great. for real hiking lowas or nothing. there is nothing that come close to the comfort, fit, and finish of lowa boots.

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Posted this earlier but it is gone now:dunno:

Anyway

I have a pair of vasque wasatch boots that are heavier than the keens but also much more comfy it is well worth the tradeoff

Last edited:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wear and have 4 pairs of vibram fivefingers(the originators!) and they are great. for real hiking lowas or nothing. there is nothing that come close to the comfort, fit, and finish of lowa boots.

I've used my vibram fivefingers for a lot of hiking, including in the foothills of the alps and Mt. Monadnock in New Hampshire, and I was doing better than the guys with $150 hiking boots. they're a lot more sensitive to tiny pebbles, but aside from that very comfortable. I don't have the insulated, waterproof ones, but once I get a bit more money flowing in, I will get some for colder weather hiking.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I've used my vibram fivefingers for a lot of hiking, including in the foothills of the alps and Mt. Monadnock in New Hampshire, and I was doing better than the guys with $150 hiking boots. they're a lot more sensitive to tiny pebbles, but aside from that very comfortable. I don't have the insulated, waterproof ones, but once I get a bit more money flowing in, I will get some for colder weather hiking.

are you talking about the flows with the neoprene? they aren't waterproof fwiw. the newer styles are WAY better than the old ones, they have thicker footbeds and just a better overall fit.

Top Bottom