Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sure there will be an influx now that it would be cheaper to become a site supporter here and use the classifieds now that Armslist is charging

As it is becoming harder to nail down advertisers in these troubled times one day it will be near impossible to maintain a free to all forum.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    As it is becoming harder to nail down advertisers in these troubled times one day it will be near impossible to maintain a free to all forum.

I definitely get it. Just figuring will see an uptick in new members (and probably some that have banned coming back) since Ingo will be a cheaper option to buy/sell/trade. Could be a good thing, Could be a bad thing, but will probably be somewhere in the middle

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Tube steak. One of my in-laws (which I refer to as out-laws) used to buy steak for the adults and the kids always had hot dogs. He called it tube steaks. I don't think those kids ever had a sirloin or better until they reached the legal age to drink.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I actually agreed with that CP dude a fair amount of the time, but the gent had NO manners. It's like he was a seasoned firearms guy that turns into an angry twelve year old when someone disagrees with him.

No shock shock that it was a shill account. He smelled like he had been here before. Who will he be next?

My :twocents: for what it's worth on the site...

Drop the Site Supporter annual fee back down to ten bucks combined with a noticeably stricter classifieds participation requirement. Ten bucks is easy to say yes to. A lot of seasoned INGOers are not site supporters that this might just sway. Similarly, new members will be quicker to support this INGO wealth of information. Especially when the rest of us tell them "It's only ten bucks!"

Require site supporter status for classifieds participation along with forum participation requirements. Our classifieds have suffered from being overrun with nameless, faceless folks who bought their way in with a one time fee. It's bad that a lot of our members discuss all the trades they do on other sites, never considering the INGO classifieds.

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Tube steak. One of my in-laws (which I refer to as out-laws) used to buy steak for the adults and the kids always had hot dogs. He called it tube steaks. I don't think those kids ever had a sirloin or better until they reached the legal age to drink.

I never did that. My kids and everyone else got steak if that's what was being cooked. However, if, on the rare occasion, someone asked me to ruin a steak, they would get hotdogs or hamburgers instead.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    FUDD or not he tended to create a lot of angst in the community with his constant abrasive attitude which lead to countless skirmishes that I'm sure the mod staff got tired of dealing with. I'm guessing he was shown the door for that reason. I could be wrong though.

Abrasive attitude and constant "one upmanship". No matter what the subject was, it seemed that he did it better, or knew more about it, and his way/opinion was the only correct one, and anyone doing it differently or disagreeing with him was an idiot. Really got tiresome.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Clay Pigeon hmmm, Clay Pigeon hmmm, now that I think about it, Maybe as a shill he expected to get shot down.

BOLO for Steel Plate, Shoot N C, Reactive Target...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's a perma.

Ouch.

Consider that a well-done steak.

I like him, but I can understand it, I guess. He had a way of making his opinions very well known; and his opinions on braces certainly weren't popular (but, he certainly wasn't a Fudd).

'nuff said, I guess.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    He had an opinionated side, as most of us do. He got a little out of line, but didn’t reach the level of Perma, in my view. A lot of us have said worse? :dunno:

It’s good to not be in charge.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ouch.

Consider that a well-done steak.

I like him, but I can understand it, I guess. He had a way of making his opinions very well known; and his opinions on braces certainly weren't popular (but, he certainly wasn't a Fudd).

'nuff said, I guess.
    I don't think he was a FUDD either and I don't think he was banned solely for his unpopular opinion on braces. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think it was more about the delivery of those opinions.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't think he was a FUDD either and I don't think he was banned solely for his unpopular opinion on braces. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think it was more about the delivery of those opinions.

Yes, this. As a former mod's sig line used to say, "Don't be a jerk."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    KG1;8474203I think it was more about the delivery of those opinions.[/QUOTE said:
    Yes. Over the course of the last 6+ months. It may not be what you just did. It might be what you just did and the 30 just did's before the last just did.

I hope that makes some sense. :n00b:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom