• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Went to Big R in Niles, MI for some supplies. I saw an employee walking across the parking chomping on an amazing burrito. I asked him where he got it. He turned to point at the taco truck parked by the road. I asked if it was as good as it looked and he replied “it’s so good it’ll make your tongue beat your brains out”. After a comment like that I had to try it even if I didn’t like burritos, thankfully I do.

I ordered three breakfast burritos, one each for me, Mrs Glue and my grandson. OMG the guy was right. It was loaded with at least four fluffy eggs Chorizo and a boat load of Queso cheese. One of the best burritos I’ve eaten.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I forgot to mention arroz rojo con pollo... and refried beans with cheese and onions with a little taco sauce. Oh! Chorizo con juevo wrapped up in a warm tortilla...mmm.

I'm glad it is getting close to lunch.

Everything you mentioned is great, except chorizo. That is the most tasteless sausage in the world. I love meat, but every time i have had it I am sorely disapointed.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Went to Big R in Niles, MI for some supplies. I saw an employee walking across the parking chomping on an amazing burrito. I asked him where he got it. He turned to point at the taco truck parked by the road. I asked if it was as good as it looked and he replied “it’s so good it’ll make your tongue beat your brains out”. After a comment like that I had to try it even if I didn’t like burritos, thankfully I do.

I ordered three breakfast burritos, one each for me, Mrs Glue and my grandson. OMG the guy was right. It was loaded with at least four fluffy eggs Chorizo and a boat load of Queso cheese. One of the best burritos I’ve eaten.

I see that truck there everyday on the way to work. Maybe I'll stop in.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Everything you mentioned is great, except chorizo. That is the most tasteless sausage in the world. I love meat, but every time i have had it I am sorely disapointed.

Sorry to hear that. Actually, I'm very surprised to hear that. There are so many spices added to it to cover up the suspicious/mystery floor sweepings that I can't believe anyone would refer to it as "tasteless".

I usually use El Popular, found at grocery stores and Walmarts everywhere.

A little Tapatio Salsa Picante adds a little flare to it as well.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

Yeah, it's hit and miss sometimes. It GREATLY depends on the place and how they make it or where they buy it. Not all Chorizo is the same unfortunately.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    We have been doing Taco Bowls lately.

Flour tortilla fried and dropped into a bowl for shape.
    Rice
    Taco Meat
    Cheese dip (1/2 Brick of Velveeta, 1 can of Rotel, a few dashes of hot sauce)
    Lettuce
    Cheese sprinkled on top

One of the most filling meals I had.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We will crumble up corn chips in a bowl throw in a good portion of seasoned meat, letuce, tomato, onions, jalapenos, 4 cheese, salsa, chili powder.

On Atkins I'll leave out the chips and tomatoes.

It is fine to add pineapple if you first roll it in cayenne.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We will crumble up corn chips in a bowl throw in a good portion of seasoned meat, letuce, tomato, onions, jalapenos, 4 cheese, salsa, chili powder.

On Atkins I'll leave out the chips and tomatoes.

It is fine to add pineapple if you first roll it in cayenne.

Substitute pork rinds instead of the chips. No carbs.

Also you can make meatloaf and substitute the bread crumbs with pork rinds.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, kinda. But I feel it’s even more so with Chorizo because they’re also adding spices to it :dunno:

when done well it’s very good.

There is a Hispanic store close to us that has the best Chorizo most of the time. If it is not up to par they will say so according to my daughter. She shops there and turns out some really scrumptious Mexcan-ish offerings.

Chorizo in an omelet is pretty tasty as well.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    There is a Hispanic store close to us that has the best Chorizo most of the time. If it is not up to par they will say so according to my daughter. She shops there and turns out some really scrumptious Mexcan-ish offerings.

Chorizo in an omelet is pretty tasty as well.
    Always nice to find a place with good chorizo. When done right it’s pretty fantastic! I could go for a chorizo omelet right now :drool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom