Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Hot fudge is all that goes on my banana splits

Hot fudge, of course, but also caramel, strawberries and, good gosh, don't forget the whipped cream! Have you no decency!!! Stripping a banana split bare naked! :)

Into a banana hot fudge sundae. Sheesh! Oh, the humanity!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hot fudge, of course, but also caramel, strawberries and, good gosh, don't forget the whipped cream! Have you no decency!!! Stripping a banana split bare naked! :)

Into a banana hot fudge sundae. Sheesh! Oh, the humanity!

A properly made banana split is a SERIOUS WORK OF ART PEOPLES.

Linders Ice cream stores had the absolute best offerings next to the soda fountain in the Frieje's drug store at 16th and Tibbs in the 50's and early 60's.
    3 hand dipped scoops. A whole banana halved and properly placed. Strawberry, pineapple and chocolate syrups hand dipped and applied. Whipped cream and 3 cherry's one on each scoop. Occasionally if they had them some fine chopped cashews sprinkled over it but not to much.

My blood sugar just went up 10 points describing this.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Linders Ice cream stores had the absolute best offerings next to the soda fountain in the Frieje's drug store at 16th and Tibbs in the 50's and early 60's.
    3 hand dipped scoops. A whole banana halved and properly placed. Strawberry, pineapple and chocolate syrups hand dipped and applied. Whipped cream and 3 cherry's one on each scoop. Occasionally if they had them some fine chopped cashews sprinkled over it but not to much.

Absolutely! Now THAT is some mighty fine banana split making right there!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Man, I miss Lindner's. We had 2 of them near us when I was growing up. One is now a sign making place and I think the other is a Chinese take out place.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, this will bring your blood sugar down. My 7 and 14 day average is now 100. I am down from 80 units of Lantis morning and evening to 50 in less than a month. I have dropped 10 lbs and am feeling better than in years.

Atkins diet, pretty strict, but not completely.

Pizza for breakfast. 2 oz. Mozarella spread in a 9 ' circle, 2 T sauce, peperoni, ham, sausage, bacon bits and green olives with pimentos.

I was out of chopped onion in the fridge and too lazy to cut one up.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks Churchmouse, now I want a banana split :drool:

Yeah me too.

As too diet. CKW had me a on a healthy path and near KETO-ish diet. It near killed me. I lost weight but I lost blood pressure I lost motivation and enthusiasm. Went to the Doc on the blood pressure. He said stop that level diet. Some folks just need some Carbs to make it through the day....:):

MRockwell

Just Me
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield

Agreed! I was in Cone Palace in Kokomo several years back and ordered a banana split....I got a banana sliced. They cut the banana cross-ways instead of length-ways. Such a disappointment.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If I'm doing it right, (which if not, why do it at all?) I'm cutting lengthwise, then pressing the cut edge into sugar, then caramelizing that with a blowtorch.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Agreed! I was in Cone Palace in Kokomo several years back and ordered a banana split....I got a banana sliced. They cut the banana cross-ways instead of length-ways. Such a disappointment.

Did you get a boat or a cup? They serve it both ways. (Did serve, it’s been a lot of years since I’ve ordered one.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom