Not open for further replies.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Hong Kong in Moorseville is back open, we had that for dinner last night.

I agree, when I just want one thing, Hong Kong it is. When I want a buffet, then Dong's isn't bad. Though up in Fisher's Dragon House was probably the best Chinese Buffet I had ever been to.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And isnt ghee different than clarified butter? Clarified butter tastes exactly like butter. Ghee is cooked a bit, resulting in a nutty flavor.

I learned the hard way not to clarify butter too long/fast. Wanted clarified butter, ended up with Ghee. Not totally upset with the outcome. I ended up using it all eventually even though its not what I was going for.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    And isnt ghee different than clarified butter? Clarified butter tastes exactly like butter. Ghee is cooked a bit, resulting in a nutty flavor.

I learned the hard way not to clarify butter too long/fast. Wanted clarified butter, ended up with Ghee. Not totally upset with the outcome. I ended up using it all eventually even though its not what I was going for.
    Exactly. Ghee has a slightly nutty flavor and a darker color from the caramelized milk solids. Many folks use ghee and clarified butter interchangeably, but they are not the same. IMO, the bulk jars of store-bought ghee are closer to clarified butter.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Dongs buffet is back open now. As for Hong Kong, I agree their main meals are better. My issue is their crab rangoons. It’s 90% shell with no filling. I’ve never had egg roll king but I’ve heard the same thing, and the crab rangoons are the only thing I really “crave” Chinese food-wise.

Have you tried the king gyro in mooresville yet?
    The other King Gyro in Indy is good (been a couple of years since I've been there due to pandemic). That said I've never had lamb or a gyro there (I don't like Greek food), only had their Big Baby double cheeseburger, which is very good.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom