Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Kut got banned, KiA and Expat changed their pictures.:faint:

The times they are a-changin.
    Eagles and mushroom clouds are in!

The C-Model F-15s like the ones in my avatar intercepted 120 Bears (Tu-95 Bombers, Ivan is breaking Alaskan airspace with these old war-horses now) in 1989. 80-030 and 80-040 in this pic saw their share I'm sure. There were only 20 F-15s in the 57th FIS. Close up shows these were carrying AIM-120 AMRAAMs (Air Interdiction Missile, Advanced Medium Range Air to Air Missile) so this was probably after my first tour up there (89-90.)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Eagles and mushroom clouds are in!

The C-Model F-15s like the ones in my avatar intercepted 120 Bears (Tu-95 Bombers, Ivan is breaking Alaskan airspace with these old war-horses now) in 1989. 80-030 and 80-040 in this pic saw their share I'm sure. There were only 20 F-15s in the 57th FIS. Close up shows these were carrying AIM-120 AMRAAMs (Air Interdiction Missile, Advanced Medium Range Air to Air Missile) so this was probably after my first tour up there (89-90.)
    Quite impressive. Did they come equipped with double barreled shotguns?

tumblr_mgsh3pcLrm1r2mfhgo1_400.gif

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Quite impressive. Did they come equipped with double barreled shotguns?

tumblr_mgsh3pcLrm1r2mfhgo1_400.gif
    That was a feature on earlier fighters. When the weapons system officer was done throwing the bombs out he'd grab the shotgun.

You know that was a long time ago, it was before the Bidiot was in the Senate.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That was a feature on earlier fighters. When the weapons system officer was done throwing the bombs out he'd grab the shotgun.

You know that was a long time ago, it was before the Bidiot was in the Senate.
    I see. So Biden stole that idea.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    What a shame.

Some of us actually at one point or another in the past lobbied for Kut to stay. We actually wanted there to be a dissenting opinion that sparked discussion.

Some of us actually showed genuine concern for Kut and his family's well being when he disappeared for an extended period of time shortly after all this covid crap started.

We even welcomed him back upon his return. I guess that was'nt good enough.

What a shame.
    Even though me and Kut had our differences, when he came back after his family's issue, I sent him a PM letting him know I was sorry to hear of the issues. after all I'm not a cold heart bastard. Even though we all have differences and spats here on the board, we are like a great big extended family and none of us wish ill will health wise to a member or their family.

Unfortunately, KUT was like the cousin of the family no one wants to admit that they are related too because of stupid :poop: .
    Too bad that he was unwilling to change his ways so that he was not rocking the boat by throwing grenades 10 feet in front of it into the water as we slowly rowed along.
    It makes one want to :puke: after so many times, and as we get older we don't handle the waves as good as we did when we was younger.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Truly, one of the greatest masters of the art form we have seen. Churchmouse, is there a "Troll Emeritus" label we can place under Kut's avatar? MRJarrell was almost up to that level, but his spittle-flecked personal animus toward others prevented him from taking advantage of the good graces of the other forum members, in quite the way that Kut did.

I can remember Indiucky lionizing Kut's character as a person, even as he was calling many members racists for coming from a different perspective on an issue, and I couldn't decide whether to admire Icky's over-the-top magnanimity and gentlemanliness, or be stomach-churning sick at how many otherwise-intelligent people could spend so much time on him and allow him to take advantage of you the way he did.

I cannot tell if a lesson was learned here, or not. I know many here, myself included, like to believe in the power of ideas, and many seemed to think Kut was worth the endless engagement. But I hope you'll take the time to reflect on whether or not anything was really accomplished. Many here act as if it was the moderator's job to "take out the trash." But forum members did not need to incessantly engage him like you did, so let's take time to acknowledge much of this was of our own creation. By admitting it was not one violation which banned Kut, but more of an accumulated pattern, we have unwittingly achieved a sort of pyrrhic victory. Kut outsmarted many here, and in my opinion, we sort of had to go "outside the rules" to silence his voice, even though he richly deserved it and I believe that overall, it was the right decision. In his mind, Kut is walking away with a victory. INGO could not "argue him down." In banning him to shut him up, what INGO really did was sort of a "tap-out."

I think the better path would have been to simply ignore him.

Start your Stopwatches now: there is going to be another "race-troll" on this forum. Wait for it. We already had one before Kut, another high-profile member whom I am sure many of you will not hesitate to recognize, and who played a key role in the banning of many members. It is unfortunate that America has been so effectively divided by race. But the fact is, large portions of entire races of Americans have been radicalized into a completely different view of this nation's history, which does not square with the so-called "majority opinion." That sort of thing is handed down through families like a tradition, and it is not going to go away. Everything in our society right now is encouraging it.

In the Rush Limbaugh R.I.P. thread, Kut basically admitted he was a liberal. Not a conservative, black, gun-owning member who simply had different views about race, but actually just a flat-out liberal. I hope the next time an African-American member shows up with an apparent affinity for guns, purported Christian beliefs, and a uniformed-service background, members will not automatically assume he's "one of us" - then find out to your chagrin that he's not.

Kut was not "one of us." Colin Powell was not "one of us." Quit believing in the fantasy-dream of a "color blind society," people. It does not exist. When the next one comes along (and he will), I hope you will stop and think, before engaging another fight you end up having to run to the Moderators to finish for you, because you don't possess the rhetorical ability to finish it yourself.

That day will come. Do yourself and the moderators a favor, and just ignore him.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Truly, one of the greatest masters of the art form we have seen. Churchmouse, is there a "Troll Emeritus" label we can place under Kut's avatar? MRJarrell was almost up to that level, but his spittle-flecked personal animus toward others prevented him from taking advantage of the good graces of the other forum members, in quite the way that Kut did.

I can remember Indiucky lionizing Kut's character as a person, even as he was calling many members racists for coming from a different perspective on an issue, and I couldn't decide whether to admire Icky's over-the-top magnanimity and gentlemanliness, or be stomach-churning sick at how many otherwise-intelligent people could spend so much time on him and allow him to take advantage of you the way he did.

I cannot tell if a lesson was learned here, or not. I know many here, myself included, like to believe in the power of ideas, and many seemed to think Kut was worth the endless engagement. But I hope you'll take the time to reflect on whether or not anything was really accomplished. Many here act as if it was the moderator's job to "take out the trash." But forum members did not need to incessantly engage him like you did, so let's take time to acknowledge much of this was of our own creation. By admitting it was not one violation which banned Kut, but more of an accumulated pattern, we have unwittingly achieved a sort of pyrrhic victory. Kut outsmarted many here, and in my opinion, we sort of had to go "outside the rules" to silence his voice, even though he richly deserved it and I believe that overall, it was the right decision. In his mind, Kut is walking away with a victory. INGO could not "argue him down." In banning him to shut him up, what INGO really did was sort of a "tap-out."

I think the better path would have been to simply ignore him.

Start your Stopwatches now: there is going to be another "race-troll" on this forum. Wait for it. We already had one before Kut, another high-profile member whom I am sure many of you will not hesitate to recognize, and who played a key role in the banning of many members. It is unfortunate that America has been so effectively divided by race. But the fact is, large portions of entire races of Americans have been radicalized into a completely different view of this nation's history, which does not square with the so-called "majority opinion." That sort of thing is handed down through families like a tradition, and it is not going to go away. Everything in our society right now is encouraging it.

In the Rush Limbaugh R.I.P. thread, Kut basically admitted he was a liberal. Not a conservative, black, gun-owning member who simply had different views about race, but actually just a flat-out liberal. I hope the next time an African-American member shows up with an apparent affinity for guns and a uniformed-service background, members will not automatically assume he's "one of us" - then find out to your chagrin that he's not.

Kut was not "one of us." Colin Powell was not "one of us." Quit believing in the fantasy-dream of a "color blind society," people. It does not exist. When the next one comes along (and he will), I hope you will stop and think, before engaging another fight you end up having to run to the Moderators to finish for you, because you don't possess the rhetorical ability to finish it yourself.

That day will come. Do yourself and the moderators a favor, and just ignore him.
    I now have a new Ingo hero. This is so fracking spot on.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I used to stick up for him years ago, giving him benefit of doubt. But that kinda wore down. What did it for me was one of the early Trump threads after 2016. He said something to the effect that he was going to get even for all the Obama bashing. That thread removed any doubt that he was here for sport, to troll the Trumpers. It’s fine to disagree, even with a bit of spice. But malicious trolling just makes many conversations he’s in toxic. It also showed me that he wasn’t the honest broker he often pretended to be.
    I think conservatives in general tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, just more naturally trusting, less wary. We’re honest, and just expect others to be.

I remember in my early days here you sparring (and maybe agreeing?) with him a lot, and always appreciated the fact that this place is not an echo chamber. Now it can go on to be not an echo chamber with a lot less distraction, and more honesty.

BTW, I still can’t get over the idea that you’re not black. Have no idea how that assumption got so firmly rooted in my head.

Am I racist?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom