• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    First off, there was only one movie. Anyone who tells you differently is existing in an alternate reality.

The TV show wasn't bad, my wife and I rather enjoyed it.
    No there was not one movie, it was a 5 movie series.

Highlander
    Highlander 2 The Quickening
    Highlander: The final Dimension
    Highlander: Endgame
    Highlander: The Source

Available on Amazon

51Kz3uLslLL._SY445_.jpg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Yup. And just so everyone knows there will be no more warnings about crossing the line in the woman doing anything threads. You are all (allegedly) adults. So use your big head on top of your shoulders or the next one will be the perma hammer.

Grow up OK.

Ya know what I say...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That's a two-seater, not sure I've seen one of those. It is a C Model I think (the P-51D had the bubble canopy that looked similar to the F-16's. You see a lot of D Models, very few older ones.

Tail markings are still a thing, but not like in WWII. This paint scheme was designed to let friend and foe know who they were. Today (and for a long time) the squadron's color will be a stripe at the top of the vertical stabilizer (AKA the tail.) The Group and Wing Commander's aircraft have stripes with each squadron's colors.

The Wing that was at Balad Air Base, Iraq was the 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing (AEW). It's lineage went back to WWII, and the Tuskegee Airmen.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The academy had some awesome jersey's for them this season.

Hhhmmm, USAFA seems to be blurring the history. They kept flashing the tiger's snarl on an A-10 of the 23rd Fighter Wing (the Flying Tigers). That lineage goes back to the American Volunteer Group commanded by Claire Chennault in China. When the Flying Tigers were at (No Hope) Pope AFB, NC I remember the command building had the pictures of all the previous commanders. The first picture was Claire Chennault.

A lot of history, but not the same history as the Tuskegee Airmen. Not sure why the USAFA Public Affairs types went this route.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Hhhmmm, USAFA seems to be blurring the history. They kept flashing the tiger's snarl on an A-10 of the 23rd Fighter Wing (the Flying Tigers). That lineage goes back to the American Volunteer Group commanded by Claire Chennault in China. When the Flying Tigers were at (No Hope) Pope AFB, NC I remember the command building had the pictures of all the previous commanders. The first picture was Claire Chennault.

A lot of history, but not the same history as the Tuskegee Airmen. Not sure why the USAFA Public Affairs types went this route.
    There wasnt an A-10 in that video.
    Daniel James with his p51, Tuskegee Airmen and first African-American 4 star general.
    u_5b55b5b7-5658-4eb7-9b37-4b33ac18109c.jpg

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There wasnt an A-10 in that video.
    Daniel James with his p51, Tuskegee Airmen and first African-American 4 star general.
    u_5b55b5b7-5658-4eb7-9b37-4b33ac18109c.jpg
    Chappie James! His Crew Chief needed to work on his paint skills, that tiger snarl is bad.

Edit: That is a serious air to mud load on that Mustang. Was that Korea?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's a two-seater, not sure I've seen one of those. It is a C Model I think (the P-51D had the bubble canopy that looked similar to the F-16's. You see a lot of D Models, very few older ones.

Tail markings are still a thing, but not like in WWII. This paint scheme was designed to let friend and foe know who they were. Today (and for a long time) the squadron's color will be a stripe at the top of the vertical stabilizer (AKA the tail.) The Group and Wing Commander's aircraft have stripes with each squadron's colors.

The Wing that was at Balad Air Base, Iraq was the 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing (AEW). It's lineage went back to WWII, and the Tuskegee Airmen.
    B model. 2nd seat not original equipment

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Chappie James! His Crew Chief needed to work on his paint skills, that tiger snarl is bad.

Edit: That is a serious air to mud load on that Mustang. Was that Korea?
    In September 1949, General James went to the Philippines as flight leader for the 12th Fighter-Bomber Squadron, 18th Fighter Wing, at Clark Field. In July 1950 he left for Korea, where he flew 101 combat missions in F-51 and F-80 aircraft.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Wait a minute I thought INGO was apurtlu white supremacist group, and here we are singing the praises of men like General James, Thomas Soul, Walter Wilson and others.

We are not doing a very good job.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom