Not open for further replies.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    They are only here to make a fast buck
    This is the problem with generalizations. I respect the heck out of what you and the rest of the mods do and I know it is especially tough in these times when you have all kinds of crazies running amok.

But, I fit that general description perfectly. Have had an account for 4-5 years and have less than 300 posts. I have also never listed or attempted to purchase anything in the classifieds.

Wait, I take that back. I did interact with another member who is in my area to discuss a gun he had listed, but the timing just wasn't right for me and he had another buyer. We both walked away okay with our interaction.

But I really don't think it is fair to paint us all as just trying to make a fast buck. I enjoy the conversations, some of the characters (and we have some real characters) and the information that flows through here. Not all of us are here to run up a high post count. We just enjoy what INGO has to offer, but we may not necessarily feel we have a lot to contribute.

And that is probably more than I have written since I have been on here.

Thanks for listening.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    This is the problem with generalizations. I respect the heck out of what you and the rest of the mods do and I know it is especially tough in these times when you have all kinds of crazies running amok.

But, I fit that general description perfectly. Have had an account for 4-5 years and have less than 300 posts. I have also never listed or attempted to purchase anything in the classifieds.

Wait, I take that back. I did interact with another member who is in my area to discuss a gun he had listed, but the timing just wasn't right for me and he had another buyer. We both walked away okay with our interaction.

But I really don't think it is fair to paint us all as just trying to make a fast buck. I enjoy the conversations, some of the characters (and we have some real characters) and the information that flows through here. Not all of us are here to run up a high post count. We just enjoy what INGO has to offer, but we may not necessarily feel we have a lot to contribute.

Thanks for listening.
    I don’t think your type is who he was referring to. I think he’s talking about the guys who join and head straight to the classies ASAP never to be seen or heard from again.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm looking forward to the day someone asks me what I think about something. "What do I think? I think the Grateful Dead is overrated."
    They are an acquired taste for sure. Ingesting a copious amount of drugs helps.

Sometimes I carry around a copy of Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. Then if someone asks what I think of the book I can say, "it's not all I'd hoped for."

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Nope, we're referring to people whose only motivation is to be in the classifieds. Whether to buy or sell. Lately its been a run to sell stuff because Armslist is a pay site.

You fit the description of people who read and do more lurking than posting. Enjoy the content but don't chime in a lot and just enjoy absorbing the information. And you make a great member doing those things. Sometimes people in this group will break out and start getting more chatty, posting reviews, etc etc. And sometimes, they just continue reading more than posting. Still a great member :+1:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Thanks for listening.
    In defense of my statement. And there should not even need to be but here you go.

I can pretty much tell what a members post history is. When we get hammered in these insane shortages there is a group of members that are here only to take advantage of the crisis.
    I never see there names on line or see posts from other time frames. Their history reads like flying Alvin's used cars. A solid stream of WTS for miles. But the dates coincide with troubled times.
    A serious number of the new members we are experiencing is the same thing. Here to sell and buy when they see a deal and then flip it. We track it all the time but do not share. Its really not our place but you folks are not privy to these things. It has jaded my outlook a bit more than I realize at times.

Then a newbie spreads mayhem through the classies. Gets several warnings and then points. He calls me a D*** head and I flip out on him. I am usually pretty tame when this happens and in my minds eye I see a little dweeb in the corner in his tighty whities being a big brave keyboard commando. So I laugh and carry on.

Of late we are dealing with a new crowd that has completely avoided the rules and pay the game. Its making me and V-8 a bit nuts. BT is on sabbatical for personal reasons and V-8 and I are swinging for the bleachers. He had 39 actions in the Moderating board today. 39 issues with new members and the group I mentioned in a 6 or 7 hour span. I had several but who counts.

So heres what we do. Lets all just have an adult beverage and take a minute to reflect.

Luv you guys for the most part.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    So who's buying the cheeseburgers and maybe a beer?

Need a Volunteer around Indy, and one in the NE corner of the state.

:popcorn:

:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom