Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    In my life time there has only been one Great president and a philanderer got credit for (and began the downfall of) the booming economy that he cleared the way for.

I remember when he was running (now consider, this was before the lines of demarcation were so clearly drawn between the two parties) there was a lot of debate as to whether he was what he purported to be. He was bonzo, a trained monkey. He claimed to be a born again Christian, whereas his opponent was a member of a baptist church. He was a polished actor and what he said was said to be just an act.

He turned out to be the best I have seen. Now MrJ will mention every time he passed gas in a crowded room.

We like Mitch, we like his track record, but we don't know that he would be within his depth if he was elected.

Will we ever have a Man of Character, Resolve, BELIEVES the Constitution and is willing to put himself and his family through the gauntlet composed of the media, the liberals, the Libertarians, the progressives, the democrats and the embedded republicans.

You think he WILL be a Libertarian, you say?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This is a pretty good description of how I see my own views.

The 2a is very important to me, and so are a handful of other issues. The problem for me, when it comes to picking a "side", is that the bulk of my social views align with the left (or their rhetoric, at least), while most of my economic and governance concerns align more strongly with the right (well...their rhetoric, at least).

I want a government that does what it is mandated to do, does it well, and does nothing more. I want a government that concerns itself with performing the duties with which it has been charged, and performing those duties in a way that does not unduly infringe on the lives of those being governed.

Where is my party?

Neither party values liberty. Both are willing to give lip service to issues that impact me, but neither will follow up with meaningful action...it's almost like they think fixing the issues they ran on will give them less to run on next time...
    This sounds a lot like how I feel, except I would say that I aligned with the social values that the left used to espouse. I have no use for the present day politically correct social justice.

Sadly, these two political parties are so firmly entrenched that I do not see anything changing until the day that the country breaks down. Who knows when that will be, but one thing is for certain in this universe, everything ends.

I fear for the government that my grandchildren will be subject to when they are adults. Both parties just want to tighten control of the population, each turning their chosen screws tighter and tighter. Funny thing is, they never seem to really loosen any of them, even ones they purport to oppose when they are being passed by the other side.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    You mean we should embrace people who vote for gun control?

F' that.
    We can embrace and welcome someone without embracing, welcoming, and adhering to their ideas. Having opposition and having to defend your ideas, not simply take them for granted, makes you stronger. You are only as good as your strongest opponent.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    We can embrace and welcome someone without embracing, welcoming, and adhering to their ideas. Having opposition and having to defend your ideas, not simply take them for granted, makes you stronger. You are only as good as your strongest opponent.
    Well said and a much better philosophy than ridiculing and attacking constantly.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

Does that apply to them as well?

Well said and a much better philosophy than ridiculing and attacking constantly.

Because we never see that kind of attitude being thrown at us?

I'll believe that I should be respectful of progressive gun owners when they are respectful of conservative gun owners. I've seen precious little evidence of that yet.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There was a time when Dems knew that gun control was poison to them, now it's their platform. They voted their own party leaders in. Vote for a Dem and you are voting for gun control. If we allow that to be OK, we might as well turn our guns in now, they'll be coming after them.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    There was a time when Dems knew that gun control was poison to them, now it's their platform. They voted their own party leaders in. Vote for a Dem and you are voting for gun control. If we allow that to be OK, we might as well turn our guns in now, they'll be coming after them.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Lots of folks, even here, willing to fall! I, like Michelle Obama, am ashamed of the country I served many years for! Difference being, I'm ashamed at what it has become, she was always ashamed, until it put her husband in power.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A few pages back, several mentioned that they don't want an "echo chamber" here.

First, I would find it preferable to what we have.

Second, once you go even slightly astray from gun rights, it's kind of funny to label this place an "echo chamber." There is plenty of disagreement here. Heck, some people disagree automatically even if you repeat exactly what they just said. I don't place as much inherent value on disagreement as some do.

I recognize that my opinion is influenced by my disdain for debate and argument.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    A few pages back, several mentioned that they don't want an "echo chamber" here.

First, I would find it preferable to what we have.

Second, once you go even slightly astray from gun rights, it's kind of funny to label this place an "echo chamber." There is plenty of disagreement here. Heck, some people disagree automatically even if you repeat exactly what they just said. I don't place as much inherent value on disagreement as some do.

I recognize that my opinion is influenced by my disdain for debate and argument.
    You're completely wrong.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Echo chamber. Lulz.

Minimum wage
    Gay marriage
    Religion
    OC

Gun echo chamber?

Stick a .22 in their ear
    Anything less than a duty size double stack 9mm will get you killed in the streets
    Glocks vs not Glocks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom